It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

22 hours ago, Scooter14 said:

The final piece of ridiculousness they put in the guidance is that Aircraft Commanders are responsible for ensuring flight suit standardization for the crew. So, you aren’t supposed to have one guy in a bag and another in the A2CU.

I don’t know how you enforce that but whatever. It’s just one more thing in a long line of things that make it more difficult to just get in an airplane and fly it.

Chief, running for 100ft, breathless and not spilling a drop of coffee from his mug.

"Sir, I see you're all about ready to board to do that mission. However I noticed one of the SrA linguists in the back was in a A2CU and the rest of the crew was in bags.  You're going to have to get everyone standardized before you can take off.  If you crash, and survive, what will the enemy think if you're not all in the same uniform."

AC - Logic about how stupid that is.

Chief - "Sir, I understand how long it'll take him to get back, get a uniform and then have MX adjust the flight times, and all that.  If he hustles like a good Airman you won't even have to get a crew rest waiver.  Ground forces will have to wait for your capabilities, because if you're not all in the same approved flight uniform it'll be a detriment execution and upholding standards."

"After all, if we can't trust you to make sure everyone is in only one of the two approved flight uniforms what can we trust you with?"

Chief notices the AC has left, and the hatch is being pulled closed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 17D_guy said:

Chief, running for 100ft, breathless and not spilling a drop of coffee from his mug.

"Sir, I see you're all about ready to board to do that mission. However I noticed one of the SrA linguists in the back was in a A2CU and the rest of the crew was in bags.  You're going to have to get everyone standardized before you can take off.  If you crash, and survive, what will the enemy think if you're not all in the same uniform."

AC - Logic about how stupid that is.

Chief - "Sir, I understand how long it'll take him to get back, get a uniform and then have MX adjust the flight times, and all that.  If he hustles like a good Airman you won't even have to get a crew rest waiver.  Ground forces will have to wait for your capabilities, because if you're not all in the same approved flight uniform it'll be a detriment execution and upholding standards."

"After all, if we can't trust you to make sure everyone is in only one of the two approved flight uniforms what can we trust you with?"

Chief notices the AC has left, and the hatch is being pulled closed.

But seriously...I feel like you’ve been hanging out at the Deid cold grab n go. 

So are we going to be able to wear leather jackets in this uniform?  

As for the off-base stops, I fully intend to blow off that rule, especially considering it's allowed for the "OCPs" but supposedly not for the "A2CU".

Wearing a jacket with an elastic bottom and the A2CU is just weird. It rides up worse than with a flight suit and it makes the bottom of the flight suit top flare out and looks ridiculous.

My squadron won’t buy the fire resistant OCP Massif jacket, so we all settle for the brown fleece which is not flight approved.

https://uspatriottactical.com/massif-elements-fire-resistant-usaf-jacket-with-battleshield-x-fabric-multicam-ocp/

Wearing a jacket with an elastic bottom and the A2CU is just weird. It rides up worse than with a flight suit and it makes the bottom of the flight suit top flare out and looks ridiculous.

My squadron won’t buy the fire resistant OCP Massif jacket, so we all settle for the brown fleece which is not flight approved.

https://uspatriottactical.com/massif-elements-fire-resistant-usaf-jacket-with-battleshield-x-fabric-multicam-ocp/

What do you fly? I would be surprised to hear of any heavy guy/gal flying with a Massif on. So (if that’s the cause) does it really need to be flight approved to walk to the aircraft in?

C-17s. Our supply store will let you trade items dollar for dollar, so a few guys who came from other squadrons and didn’t need much out of their initial issue were able to score one.

I happen to like my nomex flight jackets and I prefer to wear those when I fly. I just wish we had something like that for the OCPs. I hate wearing fleece.

7 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

If AFE is good for one thing it's enforcing stupid STF rules. Just get them involved and see if it changes.

MASSIF makes some really nice gear, 0 complaints about everything I have been issued.  They also make a version of the OCP flight uniforms they are much nicer and better fitting than the standard issued crap. We have been fighting tooth and nail to get them approved for wear. 

5 hours ago, Bode said:

What do you fly? I would be surprised to hear of any heavy guy/gal flying with a Massif on. So (if that’s the cause) does it really need to be flight approved to walk to the aircraft in?

I don’t fly with it on, but our squadron bought the Coyote Brown Massif jackets for the everyone (which is surprising because they usually skimp on everything.)

So will we be forced to wear the 2 piece flt suit or has that not been clarified yet?

It will be a sad day if we aren’t allowed to wear flight suits; and I get all the “more comfortable” talk. But I’m an Air Force aviator, I didn’t join the Army. I want my green pajamas!
  • Like 8

3 hours ago, jrizzell said:

It will be a sad day if we aren’t allowed to wear flight suits; and I get all the “more comfortable” talk. But I’m an Air Force aviator, I didn’t join the Army. I want my green pajamas!

Nailed it!

3 hours ago, jrizzell said:

The option should NEVER be taken away. Green pajamas is what we wear. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

Reference my post from 5/20.

All the guidance I have read from AMC and ANG says we will all maintain a sage green flight suit.

Can we at least ditch the green boots in October?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Champ Kind said:

No can do Champ. Why would you expect them to do something like that? They have to keep some kind of green boot line going.

I do agree that we should ditch them and go back to black boots with the black shirts. 

• Upvote 1

From the recent change:
]
(Add) 6.4.3.2. Tan or Coyote Brown Boots. Airmen may wear either Tan or Coyote Brown boots with the OCP. On 1 June 2020, Coyote Brown boots will be worn with the OCP and the flight duty uniform. (Exception: Athletic shoes may be worn if medically necessary, as
determined by competent medical authorities at a civilian or military treatment facility and
approved by the commander). Boots will be laced up with plain rounded toe or rounded capped
toe with or without a perforated seam. A zipper or elastic inserts may be worn; however, if worn,
they will be without design. Boots can be either with or without a safety toe. [Exception for
black combat boot wear in industrial areas: ref para 6.4.3.3.

From the recent change:
]
(Add) 6.4.3.2. Tan or Coyote Brown Boots. Airmen may wear either Tan or Coyote Brown boots with the OCP. On 1 June 2020, Coyote Brown boots will be worn with the OCP and the flight duty uniform.

Does that mean we can wear brown boots with green flight suits?!

Does that mean we can wear brown boots with green flight suits?!

I didn’t see anything in the change that outright said we could. When ABUs were coming online people were wearing the green boots with the bag before the mandatory transition date.

(Add) 6.4.3.2. Tan or Coyote Brown Boots. Airmen may wear either Tan or Coyote Brown
boots with the OCP. On 1 June 2020, Coyote Brown boots will be worn with the OCP and the
flight duty uniform.

?? Does this I Clyde the flight suit?

(Add) 6.4.3.2. Tan or Coyote Brown Boots. Airmen may wear either Tan or Coyote Brown
boots with the OCP. On 1 June 2020, Coyote Brown boots will be worn with the OCP and the
flight duty uniform.

?? Does this I Clyde the flight suit?

Exactly my question. “Will be worn” on 1 June 2020. What about before?

And yes the “flight duty uniform” (FDU) as currently defined in the green one piece flightsuit.