20 yr Retirement and Reserve Retirement

Way back in 2014 I got an AD retirement after I accumulated 7200 points, I spent most of my time the Reserves but the last two years were in the Guard. The freckled faced SRA who man MPF at most bases these days was not really up on AD retirements and could not answer a lot of questions I and others had on getting an AD retirement. It was at the height of the DTS and Roll-Back fiascos so I was just happy to get a check every month and be on my merry way.

A few days ago I got a call from an squadron mate who is still in and will also get an AD retirement, he asked me if he would also get the Reserve retirement after reaching age 60 (or the Roll-Back age). I vaguely remember something about that but in all honestly I deleted all those files from memory along with limitations, PT test times to pass, etc.

Also I never completed the Roll-Back process, the system became so gummed up in the 2013-14 time frame I simply stopped trying after I realized I would be getting an AD retirement but at the time I uploaded enough orders to be rolled back four years. 

Does anybody have up to date information that I can pass along?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
6 hours ago, isuguy1234 said:

Anybody use the tricare retired reserve plan for health insurance before u turn 60?  Seems like my airline insurance is cheaper/similar depending on which plan, but just wondering how people like the tricare?  Or maybe no one uses it?

Reserve select was around $220 for me, the retired reserve is almost $1100 with higher copays. It’s insane! I’d wager almost any airline plan is more reasonable.

Here’s a good tool too compare tricare plans: 

https://tricare.mil/Costs/HealthPlanCosts/TRR