Centerline thrust restriction removal

HossHarris

24 minutes ago, Inertia17 said:

Screenshot.

So the FAA is removing centerline thrust restrictions for mil pilots (every AF pilot in recent history save for UPT-H) while the Air Force has imposed ADSC sanctions for things like in-unit requals? How much clearer can the writing on the wall get...

Thanks for posting!

Edited by Standby
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Standby said:

So the FAA is removing centerline thrust restrictions for mil pilots (every AF pilot in recent history save for UPT-H) while the Air Force has imposed ADSC sanctions for things like in-unit requals? How much clearer can the writing on the wall get...

Thanks for posting!

Beat me to it...

6 hours ago, matmacwc said:

So, as a former T-38 instructor I can get the centerline thing removed with just a little paperwork?

Yup. And take a mil comp written test (that is orders of magnitude easier than the Atp written) and get MEI/CFII. Easy application points. 

Another asking for a friend.....

I had my regular CFII from the civilian world before I joined the AF and also had regular Multi Engine rating, but no MEI

I then joined the AF and instructed in 2 engine fighters for a bit.  I've also recently got the ATP knocked out.  What's required to add the MEI to my ratings?  Is it still the mil comp written test as mentioned above, or not since the CFII is already on my cert?  I assume it's one more container to check on apps?

9 hours ago, isuguy1234 said:

I had my regular CFII from the civilian world before I joined the AF and also had regular Multi Engine rating, but no MEI

I then joined the AF and instructed in 2 engine fighters for a bit.  I've also recently got the ATP knocked out.  What's required to add the MEI to my ratings?  Is it still the mil comp written test as mentioned above, or not since the CFII is already on my cert?  I assume it's one more container to check on apps?

I was a CFII with the ME-only in a prior life too. I simply had to go down to the FSDO with my C-17 IP forms 8 and it took all of 10 minutes to get the temp Instructor certificate with the ME add-on.  No mil comp test required.  I plan to renew that way this fall as well.  

Not sure if that's works with a fighter, but I would think with the new CL thrust guidance, you should be able to do the same and avoid the test. Give the FSDO a call.  It's hit or miss, but they are generally pretty good about helping out mil guys and answering those types of questions. The guys at the Herndon, VA office are great.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 8:41 AM, rancormac said:

Bump

Anyone been successful with this?  Got my multi engine mil comp about a year ago, before the memo.

I got the restriction removed a couple weeks ago.  Just walked into the FSDO and filled out a couple forms.