Chances for ANG

Iceborn

Hey all.
First post but long time user of these forums.

Degrees : B.S - Aviation Administration 3.6
                  Engineering - Computer Science 3.6

AFOQT: 87 Pilot, 41 Nav, 41 Acad Apt, 40 Verbal, 44 Quant
PCSM : 95

PPL w/ 102 flt hours

LORs : 1)Flight Instructor, 2)Officer Selection Officer for Marine Officer Candidate School, 3)Current Boss/CEO

Spent some time in AFROTC. A Former Marine Corps Officer Candidate School candidate with Naval Aviator Contract. While at OCS I was informed I was medically disqualified from the Jet pipeline. It was jets or nothing for me back in the day, so I left to pursue civilian dream of programming video games (and currently employed doing so) and ANG Fighter units.
Establishing myself with a career took longer than expected, closer to needing an age wavier now so pursuing heavies as well, as my all or nothing jet wishes diminished with age, I really just want to commission and fly with the ANG.

I'm hopeful that my engineering degree and current employment as a software engineer make up for the low AFOQT scores.

How hopeful should I be? I will be applying regardless but would love feedback. Thanks.

Edited by Iceborn

Sitting height. I measured in at 39 inches and some change, and it was just enough to DQ me from the jet trainer. I've done as much research as I could for AF sittings heights in various aircraft, and confirmed I can fit in most all the AF's fleet. That's all I can really do at this stage.

Edited by Iceborn

If that is it, should be alright then. Scores other than pilot are a little on the lower side, but solid PCSM.

With the age, you should start rushing units and getting your face out there. I would also expect to be asked about why it took you a while to start chasing the guard route.

Best of luck!

Your numbers are more than good enough to get an interview with a heavy squadron. From there, it's all on your personality.

FYI, the seated height restriction for the T-38 (which is the most restrictive) is 40 inches. Not sure if it's changed since you were told you couldn't fit.