Squadron Officer School Credit for ERAU?

I'm about to sign up for another Master's class for my Master of Science in Aeronautics at ERAU. I heard SOS counts as some kind of credit toward most ERAU Master's degrees so I wanna make sure I don't take one that I'll get credit for in SOS. Does anyone know what it might count for?

why keep doing a BS masters program?  Be the best at your job and the AF will send you to school if you want to make O-6

Or the next CSAF could unmask AADs and catch you with your pants down right before a promotion board (also Wg/CCs may still be “unofficially” using AADs as a discriminator). The best option is to find a legitimate program in something you’re interested in that TA can cover or at least defray the costs of.

Don't know about SOS, I received credits for ACSC. Pleasr don't let anyone dissuade you from pursuing a Masters, it's your own choice. Just because the Air Force policy is masking AAD today; It can absolutely change when someone else takes over. Enjoy the BlackBoard ;)

• Downvote 1

4 hours ago, xcraftllc said:

I'm about to sign up for another Master's class for my Master of Science in Aeronautics at ERAU. I heard SOS counts as some kind of credit toward most ERAU Master's degrees so I wanna make sure I don't take one that I'll get credit for in SOS. Does anyone know what it might count for?

If your SOS was in residence you can get the credit transferred over with an official Air University transcript. Also credit available for WIC, AIS, PIT and a few other cats and dogs.  As always, YMMV check with your local ERAU rep for details.

2 hours ago, jrizzell said:

Don't know about SOS, I received credits for ACSC. Pleasr don't let anyone dissuade you from pursuing a Masters, it's your own choice. Just because the Air Force policy is masking AAD today; It can absolutely change when someone else takes over. Enjoy the BlackBoard 😉

I agree that you should pursue a Masters of your choice.  It is just completely BS to get online masters from ERAU and all the other sites that teach at a high school level and sell it as a masters degree.  ERAU charges a premium for classes that are taught by the students from the previous semester.  It is completely a racketeering gig to get an aviation degree that waives all your electives based on your Air Force experience and sells a masters program for completing a handful of core classes.  

Get an engineering, computer science, or MBA from a respectable institution and actually improve yourself.  There needs to be a higher standard placed on higher education certification.  Very few degrees should be handed out online. When half of the Air Force has degrees from institutions that have lost their accreditation I think we have a problem.  

In 2012, SOS counted as one of my electives (“XASCI GRTE Aero Sci Elective”). ACSC will give you another 3 credits that are more specific (ASCI 644 Intgrtd Logistics in Avia Mgmt”), but ultimately still counted as an elective for me since that course wasn’t in my degree plan. 

Nunya’s advice is great too. I used the ACE guide to help my research on this topic because it’s what the registrar at ERAU uses. Search for any other USAF courses you took to see what’s recommended for accreditation.