158th Green Mountain Boys

Anyone have any info on the 158th? I know they just had a board last year. Any rumors on how often they hold UPT boards? I love the area and obviously the airframe is a plus too. I've tried to contact them via their website but haven't gotten a response. Any help contacting them would be greatly appreciated too. Thanks.

Generally they have a board every two years. However, this last board they hired 4 candidates and from what I am being told, at least two were DQ'd for medical. I talked to one of our pilots a few weeks ago and it sounds like they are planning on holding another board in 2019 and looking to hire another 3-4 candidates for F-35 pipeline. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I'd bet they're hiring so many because they're anticipating a bunch to wash out. 

I could only imagine the amount of oversight that project must have. 

It's hard enough for the avarage guard guy to prove he's "worthy" of a fighter. Let alone a 35. 

• Downvote 3

• 1 month later...

@Deuce362 According to their website: "The Vermont Air National Guard (VTANG) will begin accepting applications beginning January 1st, 2019 and closing March 31st, 2019 for an Undergraduate Pilot Training (UPT) Board to be held in June 2019. This will be a selection board to hire new F-35 pilots into the VTANG."

Here is the link: https://www.158fw.ang.af.mil/BECOME_A_PILOT/

I plan on applying as well, would be awesome to fly something I've worked on. Good luck!

• 10 months later...

Board was in Jun 2019. They took 5 primaries and 3 alternates. Next board is forecast to be 2 years from now but dates aren't confirmed. The unit is currently transitioning to the 35 and will get their jets in late 2019/early 2020, they just sent the last of their 16s to the 177th in Atlantic City.

Edited by RocketDriver
Typo fixes