Space Force

bennynova

14 hours ago, dream big said:

Nah, Spacemen, trigger some SJW feminist types.

Hah! I was actually thinking along the lines of Bird Person from Rick & Morty, but anything referring commonly to man as...man/men is of course offensive. Point. 

Since they have all the steely eyed missile men  now does that make us the 2nd smartest branch of the armed forces?

Space guy here.

ADSC expiration is currently racing any mandatory Space Force transfers that will be in the works. My curiosity is currently high concerning the reserves, as that was my plan before this all came to be. Officially, Air Force Space Command is gone, US Space Force is one person (the Chief of Space Operations), and all other formerly AFSPC personnel are AF folks on loan to the USSF. 

I've been wearing USSF tags on my OCPs every Friday for months for funsies, now it's not nearly as fun.

I am authentically afraid of what the leadership will decide to call the USSF members.

15 hours ago, Stretch said:

I am authentically afraid of what the leadership will decide to call the USSF members.

Maybe we can come up with some ideas on here then?

Spacers? I’ve seen it used in some sci-fi books. Sounded ok in that context. Is there anything that folks in AF Space Command referred to themselves as already?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Guardians.  Yep, they went Marvel for the membership name, you know, to go along with the Star Trek emblem.

Pence names Space Force members

The commander of Space Force better be referred to as Star Lord.  And Groot must be on the patches.  And there better be some sweet tunes playing during any space op.

Edit.  From the article, The Space Force motto is “Sempa Supra,” or “Always Above” and, according to Pence, President Trump is its “founder.”

So, if you are on the moon, are you above Earth, or is Earth above the moon?  Is there an "up" side to the galaxy?  If creatures from two planets are looking up at each other, who's above?  Also, I thought Congress made the Space Force, just like they made the Air Force.

Out.

Edited by disgruntledemployee
Added some sarcasm

1 hour ago, disgruntledemployee said:

From the article, The Space Force motto is “Sempa Supra,” or “Always Above” and, according to Pence, President Trump is its “founder.”

So, if you are on the moon, are you above Earth, or is Earth above the moon?  Is there an "up" side to the galaxy?  If creatures from two planets are looking up at each other, who's above?  Also, I thought Congress made the Space Force, just like they made the Air Force.

Possibly sort of. 
https://www.rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=1294

• Upvote 1

Guardians.  Yep, they went Marvel for the membership name, you know, to go along with the Star Trek emblem.
Pence names Space Force members
The commander of Space Force better be referred to as Star Lord.  And Groot must be on the patches.  And there better be some sweet tunes playing during any space op.
Edit.  From the article, The Space Force motto is “Sempa Supra,” or “Always Above” and, according to Pence, President Trump is its “founder.”
Out.

The enemy’s gate is always down.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Except Star Trek took their emblem and Guardians we're in the motto of AFSPACE for a while. Their just reprising what was already established.

Doesn't this belong in the WTF thread?  Just in case they ever thought they were in danger of possibly, someday down the road, ever being considered a remote auxiliary to the US military, they go and call themselves "guardians".

And the Coast Guard dudes are all jumping up and down; "Yes! Finally a branch of the military that is less military than us!"

• Haha 2