Holloman Units

Hey guys, 

I apologize in advance for what may be a dumb post, however I cant seem to find any info on this after doing some searching.  

I am in the process of preparing my application for Reserve and ANG units,  and intend on applying to as many locations as possible.  I'm compiling a list of some locations and cant seem to find whether or not there is a reserve unit at Holloman, and if so, would such units send anyone to UPT, or is Holloman primarily a B-Course/training location?

Thanks!

Edited by SLeon_17
posted early

The reserve unit at Holloman is 944th FW Det 1 which is a training only unit. They will not send anyone to UPT.

The same goes for all 944 FW units (Luke F35s, Holloman F16s, Seymore Johnson F15Es, Davis Monthan A10s).

F16 training used to be at Luke but has now moved to Holloman. 

• Like 1

@brabus I think you are talking about the F16s at Tucson International Airport. They will send you to UPT but you have to be in the Arizona National Guard (Army or Air Force) to apply to their UPT boards. At least that is the way it was for the last two years. 

On 6/6/2018 at 6:27 PM, va121mir said:

F16 training used to be at Luke but has now moved to Holloman. 

Could you clarify:  I was told recently that there is still F-16 training going on at Luke.  If true, which squadrons still train in the F-16?

Edited by HuggyU2

@HuggyU2 I believe the Tophats, 310th FS, is the only US Viper squadron left at Luke (the Ducks might still be there, can't confirm).  Holloman currently has the 311th, 314th, and the 8th (they're still building up though).  Rumor on the street is Holloman will eventually stand up the 7th as well to bring 4 squadrons to the base.