TBAS and AFOQT Studying

ATX51

Question

Hey guys,

I am in a precarious situation,  I have the ability to take the AFOQT and the TBAS here in Europe before I redeploy and at the same time, meet the some hiring board deadlines for units.  the test dates are 21 and 25JUN.  I have not really studied and I don't want to get a bad score to hurt my chances later, in addition to that, I don't know how I can study for the TBAS, as I understand it's more of the motorskills test.  I'm also sitting at just shy of 800 hours so I am not worried as much about the stick wiggling part.

what do you guys recommend?

3 answers to this question

3 hours ago, Alex160 said:

Hey guys,

I am in a precarious situation,  I have the ability to take the AFOQT and the TBAS here in Europe before I redeploy and at the same time, meet the some hiring board deadlines for units.  the test dates are 21 and 25JUN.  I have not really studied and I don't want to get a bad score to hurt my chances later, in addition to that, I don't know how I can study for the TBAS, as I understand it's more of the motorskills test.  I'm also sitting at just shy of 800 hours so I am not worried as much about the stick wiggling part.

what do you guys recommend?

To give a little more advice than already provided, you do need to study. If you do not have enough time to do your best on the dates coming up, then you should consider waiting until after your deployment since you only get two shots at both. The material for the AFOQT is not hard, but I studied for over a month to be able to get the timing down to where it was second nature to know how long I could spend on a problem before having to move on. If you think you can crush it after doing a few timed practice tests, then go for it.  For the TBAS, there isn't much to study, but you can find helpful tips just by searching around the internet.