Transfer from Guard to Reserve for UPT?

First of all sorry if this is in the wrong section, I couldn't decide which one it fit in best.

So lately I've been applying to UPT boards for the Guard while also working with an enlisted Guard recruiter as a backup plan in case nobody picked me up because this particular unit hires pilots almost exclusively from their pool of enlisted people. This past week I had two major developments - 1) my recruiter locked down a job in Aviation Resource Management for me, and 2) I got in touch with a reserve recruiter for the first time (for some reason I never really looked into them before and I'm kicking myself over it now) who thinks I have a pretty good shot at either a sponsored or unsponsored slot with them. 

Right now my recruiter is holding that job open for me until tomorrow and he's basically implied that if I don't take it they're going to release it to a different applicant and probably cut ties with me. I won't have to ship until much later this year, but I hadn't anticipated having to make a decision this early because I wanted to apply to different boards freely until my 29th birthday in July, and only go enlisted as a last resort (and I wanted this unit in particular because they're known to give age waivers). If I had to go that route I think the job would be really good for me getting face time with the pilots, however I don't want being enlisted in the guard to hinder my ability to be hired by a Reserve unit for UPT. 

So basically my question is - if I'm enlisted in the Guard but haven't shipped to BMT yet, is it still possible to transfer to the Reserve for UPT? If so, how difficult is the process and what would it look like?

Thanks!

In my opinion you’re making things very difficult for yourself. If you want to be a pilot go do that. Don’t enlist into ARMS. 

You can enlist, be selected, and switch routes, but holy smokes why do that? “Face time with pilots” to me means years of good quality, dedicated work towards your AFSC. 

You need to sit down, reveluate your plan of attack and go for it. To me it seems like you have fragments of a good plan but haven’t figured out the important stuff yet. 

Dude, chase the fastest and most direct way to get into UPT. Whether that be a Guard or Reserve slot. You're 29, and it sounds like you've met all the requirments to meet a UPT board (degree complete, afoqt etc...) 

Don't waste your time trying to enlist first and then get hired from within UNLESS that is exactly where you want to be. If you just want to fly, chase the most immediate route.

As a sidenote, I enlisted at 22 and worked ARMS for a total of 6 years now (4 active, 2 guard), transfered to the guard and was recently hired as a pilot for my squadron (currently waiting to start the pipeline). If you're placed in a squadron as a SARM, it will give you face time with aircrew, and in my opinion, is a priceless benifit of the job. Whether it be 6 years or 2 months. You get to meet and shake hands with members you might be flying next to one day.

I agree what Cork said, straighten out what you 'want' a little more, then attack.