We’re doomed

HossHarris

2 hours ago, Right Seat Driver said:

Unbelievable. What's the point of going to roll call if you spend it in a safe space?

Hell if I know; I think it was some sycophantic play to try and look good to the commander because he became mayor for the wrong reasons. I also think he lost control. 

Edited by SurelySerious

Hey! We had Jerry the AWACS mascot dog in Turkey, we found her as a pup in Adana when the runway was being redone at Incirlik. Smart dog always found a way to get out . If any of you guys did ONW you might have seen her. 

I'll see your domesticated animals and raise you a bear.

Buffy was a Malaysian Sun Bear that was donated to the 40th Aerospace Rescue and Recovery Squadron by Laotian pilots following a rescue. Buffy was hand raised, drank beer, and wrestled with the pilots daily. There was even a duty position in the squadron at NKP called the BCO or Bear Control Officer. Following the ending of the Vietnam War, the aircrew arranged for Buffy to be donated to the St Louis Zoo in 1973.

Buffy2.jpg

Buffy1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

One evening in 1973, after being overly rowdy at our hooch bar, I got to spend a few hours in the cage with Buffy.  It was all A-OK because the guys kept bringing us beers.  Yes, Buffy could drink out of cans.  The next day Buffy seemed to be worse for the wear than I was.  Imagine, a bear with a hangover.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1