B-1 Landing at Midland

B52gator

11 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Wow, removed the chute. Did they remove the axe because in the event more than one seat failed it was first person to the axe won?

The axe is still there.  Probably because MX doesn't have to inspect it.

• Upvote 2

On 6/10/2018 at 9:08 PM, matmacwc said:

These guys are great, definitely award material.  I also think it's possible they could be used as an "example", but that's only with my tin-foil hat on.

Well that depends.....are they current on the most up to date Green Dot training?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’ve seen it so it’s definitely out. Good read.

On another note, how about the dude on the left of the crew in that picture from KRCA. Looks like somebodies drunk uncle (but he’s probably the wing commander?)

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

On another note, how about the dude on the left of the crew in that picture from KRCA. Looks like somebodies drunk uncle (but he’s probably the wing commander?)

That’s General Robin Rand.  The AF Global Strike Command CC.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

🤣

31 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Hahaha nice. My vis recce needs some work, I guess.

If you had heard him talk, you might have made the same mistake. He’s got like 6-9 adopted nieces and nephews amongst his “Strikers” that he will talk about any time he meets someone. 

• Upvote 1

If you want brain cancer, browse through 7BW PA’s FB reposting of this story. The mouth breathers were out in force in the comments section poopooing the AF for awarding the DFC to this crew.   IMHO....well deserved for handling a dicey situation!

15 minutes ago, 08Dawg said:

If you want brain cancer, browse through 7BW PA’s FB reposting of this story. The mouth breathers were out in force in the comments section poopooing the AF for awarding the DFC to this crew.   IMHO....well deserved for handling a dicey situation!

Why did I go look at the comments there...That really pissed me off.

I love the Army cooks pitching in saying that all these guys did was land a plane and they mock the Air Force for stuff like this. Those people are an embarrassment to the American military if they can’t figure out how heroic this act was.

2 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

Why did I go look at the comments there...That really pissed me off.

I love the Army cooks pitching in saying that all these guys did was land a plane and they mock the Air Force for stuff like this. Those people are an embarrassment to the American military if they can’t figure out how heroic this act was.

Listen, man, sometimes Army cooks have it tough. 

• Haha 3