317 AW (Dyess) commander removed over ‘toxic environment’

spaceman

5 minutes ago, FUSEPLUG said:

Even with some pre-VSP exec stink on me, I had the same question.  Quick Google search quickly defined that piece of stupidity for me.  When multiple PPT slides are to much to digest in one sitting... 

So that's a thing now, huh?

Maybe we should put all the blame on Bill Gates for having his minions for inventing the damn thing. 

Edited by Prosuper
grammer

4 minutes ago, Prosuper said:

Maybe we should put all the blame on Bill Gates for having his minions for inventing the damn thing. 

A quad chart puts exponentially more information on your standard PowerPoint slide - which is vital for every off-station mission.  Thank you, Col Owens for not letting that bit of queep die like it should have.

1 hour ago, FUSEPLUG said:

A quad chart puts exponentially more information on your standard PowerPoint slide - which is vital for every off-station mission.  Thank you, Col Owens for not letting that bit of queep die like it should have.

Ever done a SIB out brief to a general?  Double slides/power point/projectors/computers.  You even have to have somebody click at the same time so its simultaneous.   If you are going to queep out I guess that would be the place, but still ridiculous.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

Ever done a SIB out brief to a general?

Nope.  Thankfully I guess I haven't.  :salut:

An OST in my neck of the woods is:

"Hey OG (first name), you good if we go to KXYZ and grab some lunch?  They've got that NDB circle we all need in order to green up for the semi since the sim is down for some secret squirrel upgrade that we will never need at this base..."

If he says no... then I guess I pick up the equivalent to a "green slip" and go non-current in July... for an NDB circle.

Edited by FUSEPLUG
Turns out today is my 15th year anniversary on this shit-hole site. F you guys!

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

What’s a quad chart?

I recently had a staff person ask for info on a “5x8,” and my reaction was WTF is that. So I asked nicely for an example of this format. And it was just a stupid quad chart. 

Ugh. 

• Like 1

Are commanders falling like a $10 Russian juicee in heels or what? Damn I miss Korea and that lady who would park her food cart at the front gate of Osan right around the soju walk of fame curfew time.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/05/22/commander-senior-enlisted-fired-from-air-force-civil-engineer-squadron/

Edited by HarleyQuinn

From the article:

The 90th Civil Engineer Squadron is part of the 90th Mission Support Group, and provides civil engineering support to more than 29,000 active duty and reserve service members, family members, and retirees at the missile wing.

I did not realize that I, as a retiree, or those of you still in can have your family members, can get civil engineering support.  

On 5/21/2018 at 10:13 PM, BADFNZ said:

I heard the recently canned 317 AW/CC made crews create a quad chart for any non-TACC off-station mission to brief to him? 

This is a fact.  He would also personally sit in on cert boards and lecture upgrade candidates for an hour while the OG and SQ/CCs sat on their thumbs ackwardly.

32 minutes ago, dream big said:

He would also personally sit in on cert boards and lecture upgrade candidates for an hour...

Little known fact: this is also a force multiplier...

...for Delta.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Homestar said:

But is it value added?

If you have to ask, you're clearly not HPO material.

DoubleDeuceStrongBad.png.59140d7c7984976f1c009b2edace2a37.png

Edited by FourFans130
The double deuce!
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Are commanders falling like a $10 Russian juicee in heels or what? Damn I miss Korea and that lady who would park her food cart at the front gate of Osan right around the soju walk of fame curfew time.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/05/22/commander-senior-enlisted-fired-from-air-force-civil-engineer-squadron/

They were probably fucking. When's their court martial?

On 5/21/2018 at 10:13 PM, BADFNZ said:

I heard the recently canned 317 AW/CC made crews create a quad chart for any non-TACC off-station mission to brief to him? 

I don't know the guy but in all fairness this briefing (minus the requirement for said quad-chart, which is popular with the Army) has been required since I was at Dyess back in 2009, and maybe before that.  Except it used to be to the AG/CC before there was a wing commander...I remember briefing my mission to the then-AG/CC and getting questions like "Where are you planning on eating with your crew" and "Who is driving the rental car."  Cosmic mission related questions, I know.

50 minutes ago, Oo7kerpow said:

I don't know the guy but in all fairness this briefing (minus the requirement for said quad-chart, which is popular with the Army) has been required since I was at Dyess back in 2009, and maybe before that.  Except it used to be to the AG/CC before there was a wing commander...I remember briefing my mission to the then-AG/CC and getting questions like "Where are you planning on eating with your crew" and "Who is driving the rental car."  Cosmic mission related questions, I know.

That died in 2014-ish.. when certain deputy and group commanders left. 

Then there was a period of ‘trust’... then I left. Apparently bliss didn’t last too long. 

On 5/16/2018 at 11:09 PM, Herkasaurus said:

And now the vice wing commander is in charge of the J model Airlift Wing...he’s a nav. 

I don’t understand putting a guy in command who can’t fly the only MWS assigned to him. (Yes there are ways he can fly on a J, but that’s not the intent.)

AFI51-604 para 10 is the reference you're looking for.  Emphasis added.  "Only line of the AF officers with a current aeronautical rating, as defined by AFI 11-402, may command flying units (any unit that has flying, planning and directing the employment of manned and remotely piloted aircraft as their primary mission).  The rated officer must hold a currently effective aeronautical rating or crewmember certification, and must be qualified for aviation service in an airframe flown by the unit to be commanded.  (T-1)"

• Like 1

On 5/23/2018 at 9:23 PM, HU&W said:

AFI51-604 para 10 is the reference you're looking for.  Emphasis added.  "Only line of the AF officers with a current aeronautical rating, as defined by AFI 11-402, may command flying units (any unit that has flying, planning and directing the employment of manned and remotely piloted aircraft as their primary mission).  The rated officer must hold a currently effective aeronautical rating or crewmember certification, and must be qualified for aviation service in an airframe flown by the unit to be commanded.  (T-1)"

If it’s not “T-0” at the end, it’s waiverable (CSAF or SECAF in this case, I think).

Sorry I know that.

T-0/1/2/3 are great and all, but people up the chain have to actually be willing to waive it.  On a recent "deployment" we sent up multiple reasonable waiver requests.  All but one was denied by our parent command over 4 countries away.  Bottom line, someone in the chain has to be willing to assume some risk (even if it is minuscule), which in our case, they clearly were not.  I guess you can't be having those potential black marks on your way up the chain. 

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 1