317 AW (Dyess) commander removed over ‘toxic environment’

spaceman

12 hours ago, FlyinGrunt said:

Too bad ZERO of the other WG/CCs in AFSOC had the balls to follow Palenske.  Zero.

I was rather disappointed the 27th didn’t follow, talking with the wing king last year it seemed he was all about eliminating queep, I figured we would do the same as the 1 SOW. 

Examples?

Just one small example.

BL: eliminating CBTs, reducing 12 page outprocessing checklists and giving commanders discretion to upgrade skill levels without the shackles of the 12 month requirement.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/05/01/special-operations-wing-gives-commanders-leeway-to-target-queep/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Just one small example.

BL: eliminating CBTs, reducing 12 page outprocessing checklists and giving commanders discretion to upgrade skill levels without the shackles of the 12 month requirement.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/05/01/special-operations-wing-gives-commanders-leeway-to-target-queep/

At Hurlburt now for a short stay, what a lovely base.

Isn't this exactly what the CSAF just released a memo on?  Or does 1 SOW predate that and HAF is taking that line?

"The memo said annual mandatory training on cyber awareness, force protection, combating human trafficking and the Green Dot sexual assault and suicide prevention program, which was previously done via CBT, can now be done through mass briefings."

But my Cybers!

Edited by 17D_guy

At Hurlburt now for a short stay, what a lovely base.
Isn't this exactly what the CSAF just released a memo on?  Or does 1 SOW predate that and HAF is taking that line?
"The memo said annual mandatory training on cyber awareness, force protection, combating human trafficking and the Green Dot sexual assault and suicide prevention program, which was previously done via CBT, can now be done through mass briefings."

But my Cybers!

Sure, but how many sitting wing commanders have taken action on this? That’s the point.
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Skitzo said:

Just one small example.

Got any "big" examples? Implementing the new CBT policy is good but not sure id consider it that impressive.

i'm pretty big blue jaded...so just trust me that Col P is the real deal.

it's telling that he led the way among wing cc's getting rid of stupid shit.

he can relate to his troops... tells it like it is...and says what everyone is already thinking. cant explain it more than that...but i'd follow that dude anywhere. isn't that what we all want?

Edited by BashiChuni
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

i'm pretty big blue jaded...so just trust me that Col P is the real deal.

it's telling that he led the way among wing cc's getting rid of stupid shit.

he can relate to his troops... tells it like it is...and says what everyone is already thinking. cant explain it more than that...but i'd follow that dude anywhere. isn't that what we all want?

He is truly a solid dude.  Despite CSAF personally celebrating Tom's efforts to reduce queep, transform social media interaction, and increase readiness...HE WAS NOT SELECTED FOR PROMOTION.  So the status quo will continue and the nutbag bean counters will continue to thrive as GOs.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I wonder if he knew he wasn’t going to make it or if it was a surprise to him? The blame has to fall with his numbered AF Commander right? I think that’s who writes Wing Commanders PRFs. The AF just can’t get out of its own way.

He is truly a solid dude.  Despite CSAF personally celebrating Tom's efforts to reduce queep, transform social media interaction, and increase readiness...HE WAS NOT SELECTED FOR PROMOTION.  So the status quo will continue and the nutbag bean counters will continue to thrive as GOs.

If true, that’s just wrong. Was hoping he would be the A3 at some point. He would have destroyed that position! Follow him anywhere for any mission because he’s a no shit credible aviator and listens to his cc’s.

Downrange he was fantastic as the Exp Wg/CC. Loosely paraphrased “Im not a X/Y/X MDS guy so I’m not going to second guess you, you let me know what you need to execute and if what your being asked to do is dumb let me know I’ll take the hit and back you up”.

Working for separate OPCON, it was a nice sentiment being ADCON only but he was more than willing to walk over to the O6 who did have OPCON and tell them they were jacked on my behalf.

If this is all true, recommend merging it over into the “What’s wrong with the USAF” Thread.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

C-17 level...which I've heard is just sub-AWACS...

Jesus. Maybe you guys are better off down there at Dyess after all. 

This is some straight early 2000’s super base C-17 BS. I thought we’d grown past this “wing commander acting like a squadron commander” crap. 

Guess not.

Good lesson though gents - what got you here won’t get you there. 

Chuck

1 hour ago, tac airlifter said:

What’s a quad chart?

Even with some pre-VSP exec stink on me, I had the same question.  Quick Google search quickly defined that piece of stupidity for me.  When multiple PPT slides are to much to digest in one sitting... 

So that's a thing now, huh?