matmacwc

Any of you work for BGI post retirement or while in the ANG/AFRC?  I'm trying to get hired to a sim gig, the announcement is up for the job on their website (for the last couple of years) and I just cannot make any headway into getting the job.  The bro-network is strongly on my side but it just hasn't happened.  I've given some thought to Booze-Hamilton and was wondering what the peanut gallery thought.  I have an income cap due to disability retirement (long story, soon) and full time would be tough.  And yes, I meet all quals.

Edited by matmacwc

Civilian disability medical retirement, I was an ART and my cap is 80% of my high 3 years.  If I make more than that, it is gone forever, I’m not going to let that happen.  I don’t qualify for the airlines.  Part time BGI is perfect, but they are possibly over staffed at my location.  I will not move to Holloman, I think that experiment will fail in a few years.

Edited by matmacwc

Southern AZ, and I've seen the openings.  I think the best I could do at this moment is some sort of traveling BGI employment, heard this exists, but it doesn't spell it out on their hiring website.  I'd be totally down with it if, on the end, I could secure local employment.  

3 hours ago, brabus said:

Have some friends who travel for BGI, company pays for all their travel, hotel, per diem, etc. They go for a week every 6ish weeks

that's standard for 99% of companies out there...have you heard of companies that don't do that (genuinely curious)?