Advice on MEPS for previously adjudicated problem.

N730

Long story short, I was in college a while ago and was in a Navy program. It was cut during sequestration and since I was struggling in school, I was one of the folks that got cut out.

All of that back story to get to by question.

When I went to MEPS the first time, I said that id been prescribed medicine for acid reflux in past and that caused a stir.

I went to a gastroenterologist and had test done and he wrote a letter saying that my general practitioner had misdiagnosed me years prior.

Now that I am going through the process of trying to get a guard or reserve slot, I’ll have to go to MEPS again (I last went in 2010) and wanted to know how to handle this?

Do I try to find the letter and just take it with me or just wait until I inevitably get the same reaction I did last time and go through all the paperwork again?

Edited by N730

• 1 month later...

It's MEPS. Odds are you'll have to go back twice anyways because your paperwork got lost / shredded / eaten by a Marine. While lying might be a little more convenient, I wouldn't put yourself at risk just to save wasting a day.

8 hours ago, Stoker said:

It's MEPS. Odds are you'll have to go back twice anyways because your paperwork got lost / shredded / eaten by a Marine. While lying might be a little more convenient, I wouldn't put yourself at risk just to save wasting a day.

Haha well lying isn’t an option, I just didn’t know if finding the letter my Dr. wrote last time would be helpful or if they’d even care.

• 9 months later...