It's Official, OCPs are Coming!

Vimix22

How long until some Chiefs call out aircrew for not blousing their pants? Overall, it's about time and good riddance to green boots!

Edited by polcat
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Orbit said:

So are they taking my bag away?

Also, I want my black boots back.

If true, I guess the Air Force found a way to circumvent allowing pilots to roll up their flight suit sleeves.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Orbit said:

So are they taking my bag away?

Also, I want my black boots back.

From CSAF Memo, "Already in our inventory and in use, the OCP 2-piece flight suit has overwhelming support from aircrew. This uniform will be authorized for all non ejection seat aircraft and made available for purchase/wear. In addition, it will be tested for use in ejection seats for those who may prefer it over a one-piece flight suit."

So are the bags going away entirely? Probably not from the sound of that memo. I wonder if Coyote colored boots will be authorized with a green flight suit?

1 hour ago, Vimix22 said:
I wonder if Coyote colored boots will be authorized with a green flight suit?

Is the AF going with coyote brown boots/T-shirts with the OCPs or sticking with tan? Either way, I too am curious to see what the regs will say regarding their wear with the green one piece flight suit. I remember the green boots looked weird as hell when they first became authorized.

1 hour ago, Vimix22 said:
for those who may prefer it over a one-piece flight suit

Hopefully some MAF commanders don’t get to overzealous in their “more restrictive” local supps and limit wear to only the two piece flight suits.

Edit to add:  also curious if leather jackets will be authorized with the two-piece flight suit.

Edited by Champ Kind

24 minutes ago, Vimix22 said:

From CSAF Memo, "Already in our inventory and in use, the OCP 2-piece flight suit has overwhelming support from aircrew. This uniform will be authorized for all non ejection seat aircraft and made available for purchase/wear. In addition, it will be tested for use in ejection seats for those who may prefer it over a one-piece flight suit."

So are the bags going away entirely? Probably not from the sound of that memo. I wonder if Coyote colored boots will be authorized with a green flight suit?

Does this mean we'll start buying/paying for our flight suits?

It will be a shit show. Especially with all the AFSOC/COCOM sups that already out there. 

AFSOC is starting transitioning to coyote, going to be pissed if my new boots are out of regs. 

My AFSOC unit lets us choose what uniform you want to wear, hopefully the Air Force does the same, depending on my mood, how big my beer/pizza hut is, and what I’m doing that day having the choice is nice. 

24 minutes ago, ayz33 said:

Does the 2 piece flight suit look the same or have the same features as the regular OCP's?

They look the same but you don’t blouse the pants (the Army helo pilots do tho). They have zippers on the chest and pants instead of Velcro closures. 

Edited by Homestar
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Tin Man said:

If true, I guess the Air Force found a way to circumvent allowing pilots to roll up their flight suit sleeves.  

Sleeves are the same design and roll up just like flight suit sleeves.  

• Like 1

Wear guidance said coyote boots and starting in 2020. Tan and “desert tan” shirts are authorized. I don’t know what the difference is but I bet it aligns with the Army’s “coyote” color.

Edit: It also looks like the guidance for patches is opposite of literally everybody else’s policy (including their own as currently written for then TFDU).

Edited by Breckey
More info

good on em.  wear the flag on the right sleeve will be...odd... I'm sure a lot of the uninformed public will wonder why the flag is "backward".

Also, coyote tan boots will look ridiculous with the green flight suit.  Hope they bring back black boots...

7 minutes ago, stract said:

good on em.  wear the flag on the right sleeve will be...odd... I'm sure a lot of the uninformed public will wonder why the flag is "backward".

Also, coyote tan boots will look ridiculous with the green flight suit.  Hope they bring back black boots...

I was hoping they'd go left sleeve and full color for garrison wear. I remember the hurt feelings 6-9 years ago when they took away the subdued flight suit name tags stating that the US Flag code prohibited subdued wear. Guess that only applied to the zipper suited sun gods and can be overlooked for the unwashed masses. /s

• Haha 1

Just got back from the AOR and It's already a uniform bonanza out there.  Between ABUs, OCPs, Army OCPs, OCP Flight Suits, Normal Tan Flight Suits....and the best part is no one seemed to give a shit what you were wearing, which was refreshing.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, AZwildcat said:

Just got back from the AOR and It's already a uniform bonanza out there.  Between ABUs, OCPs, Army OCPs, OCP Flight Suits, Normal Tan Flight Suits....and the best part is no one seemed to give a shit what you were wearing, which was refreshing.

Its been that way for the last 5 years

35 minutes ago, AZwildcat said:

Perhaps it depends on the location. Fortunately I've been deployed to some locations where nobody gives a flying f$%k, but that's what happens when the Navy runs the base and USAF is in the minority.

If I could get a picture of my squadron out here. We currently have guys wearing about 7 different versions of OCP, Scorpion and other multi cam patterns. Nobody gives a shit except the blue Air Force on the other side. I swear I saw a chief twitching the other day looking at us.
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JustHangingOut said:

yeah...all the Army pilots want the 1 piece flight suits back...Ill just leave this here...

Really?  Because the AF helo community pretty much loves our two pieces.