AFROTC Advice

Hello, I was just wondering what a CSO would maybe major in. I am currently a Senior in High School and have received an AFROTC Scholarship. A CSO interests me and I’d really just like to know more about it. Any information or personal preference would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Major in what interests you... as long as your scholarship allows it  I was miserable for 3 years in school as a comp sci major and only did it cause that’s what the AF would pay for  

Dont major in rotc. Enjoy college. Air Force life will happen soon enough. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

There is a entire forum dedicated to NAV/CSO things. The job varies significantly depending on airframe. Get good grades. Be a bro, drink booze, smash plenty of ass of you’re preferred gender, and the rest will fall into place. 

9 hours ago, Prof_Chaos said:

Go to college, major in anything, join a Frat/Sorority, enjoy college, get good enough grades (dabble in some math), graduate, rush guard/reserve units, Profit.

Nailed it...

I'll add one thing to what everyone else said about enjoying college. Definitely rage and have a good time, but.

Go somewhere where Uber and Lyft is readily available. 

Don’t pick a technical major just because it’s “easier to get a scholarship for tech majors than it is for non-tech majors.” Doing well in something you enjoy will all but gaurentee your ability to pick up a scholarship while you’re in college. If you think you’re interested in engineering, Industrial Distribution(a non-tech major) is a good a good mix of engineering and business for people who like engineering stuff, but don’t feel the need to go through the pain of getting an engineering degree.

Don’t pick a technical major just because it’s “easier to get a scholarship for tech majors than it is for non-tech majors.” Doing well in something you enjoy will all but gaurentee your ability to pick up a scholarship while you’re in college. If you think you’re interested in engineering, Industrial Distribution(a non-tech major) is a good a good mix of engineering and business for people who like engineering stuff, but don’t feel the need to go through the pain of getting an engineering degree.

This. And in ROTC, GPA is a big chunk of the formula in the rated slot rack and stack. GPA also is a big factor in determining commanders ranking, which used to be 50% of the formula alone.