Rated Hornet Pilot Requiring Waiver

VMFA187

All,

I’m an USMC F/A-18 IP on terminal leave with the desire to TX to the AFRES/ANG. I was offered a position with a fighter unit but need a medical waiver. Does anyone have some guidance on who I should speak to about the process ahead?

Much thanks for any assistance.

7 minutes ago, VMFA187 said:

All,

I’m an USMC F/A-18 IP on terminal leave with the desire to TX to the AFRES/ANG. I was offered a position with a fighter unit but need a medical waiver. Does anyone have some guidance on who I should speak to about the process ahead?

Not a pilot, but was recently shown this and it may help. 

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/Portals/60/documents/711/usafsam/USAFSAM-Wavier-Guide-171005.pdf

5 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

All,

Maybe, ask away or PM.

Who knows, this could assist someone else down the line.

I had an alcohol induced seizure, which is waiverable, after boozing hard with the squadron over a three day period on 31 Oct 2016. I met with a civilian neurologist who specialized in aviation and his recommendation was to return to flight, but the Navy denied my waiver. I had issues with my EEG which was conducted within days of the event which is to be expected due to the proximity to the event but my sleep deprived EEG months later was clean. I also had an extreme lack of sleep, severe dehydration, excess caffeine, a pre-workout supplement, and an incredibly intense crossfit workout minutes prior to the seizure.

I’ve had no further events.

Is there a process to get a waiver for a Rated aviator prior to affiliating with a squadron?

17 minutes ago, stuckindayton said:

Sorry, my box was full.  I've deleted some messages.  I'll ask our flight doc (I'm an eyeball person) tomorrow and let you know what he thinks.

That’d be great, thank you.