C-130 down near Savannah, GA

Talked to a buddy in the Guard Dawgs, he said they had some guys out on the ramp who watched the PRANG take off. They said it looked like they lost both engines on the same side. They tried to return to 28 when it happened. 

Prayers and tail winds to our brothers and their families. 

8 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

Based on the video and the witness recollection of the relative position of the aircraft to the landing rwy (28?). Looks like a base to final stall/spin, or a Vmc roll if they were doing some sort of engine out work and it went south (no pun intended). Condolences to my childhood hometown unit.

Maybe severe prop over speed? Rare but can turn into a death spiral if not handled promptly.  So sad, a toast to the crew :( 

Maybe it's just the times in which we live, but is anyone else bothered about the posting/airing of accident footage before the next of kin notification and initial investigation process can take place?

Prayers and well wishes to the Buccaneers, their families, and anyone else who straps in and puts it on the line.  

Edited by Champ Kind
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 7

Yes, I think it's absolutely uncalled for, but death and karnage is what sells news and jacks up the ratings. The media has no morals. I've seen several videos like this over the years and I'm sure everyone in this community will agree that seeing something like this sends chills up your spine. I've sat through several bone-chilling privileged mishap animations that bothered me for a really long time and these weren't even friends or family members. This would definitely not be something I'd want to come across on some news website before (or after) I found out it was a loved one.

Maybe it's just the times in which we live, but is anyone else bothered about the posting/airing of accident footage before the next of kin notification and initial investigation process can take place?

Prayers and well wishes to the Buccaneers, their families, and anyone else who straps in and puts it on the line.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Gazmo said:

Yes, I think it's absolutely uncalled for, but death and karnage is what sells news and jacks up the ratings. The media has no morals. I've seen several videos like this over the years and I'm sure everyone in this community will agree that seeing something like this sends chills up your spine. I've sat through several bone-chilling privileged mishap animations that bothered me for a really long time and these weren't even friends or family members. This would definitely not be something I'd want to come across on some news website before (or after) I found out it was a loved one.

agreed

There is no respect anymore.  Maybe it is more than just "the times," but also with how much faster information travels that this occurs as well.  There seems to be a lack of restraint and consideration before blasting something all over the internet.

2 hours ago, JustHangingOut said:

agreed

There is no respect anymore.  Maybe it is more than just "the times," but also with how much faster information travels that this occurs as well.  There seems to be a lack of restraint and consideration before blasting something all over the internet.

I may be a little older than the rest here, but airing tragic video is nothing new. Kennedy assassination, Reagan attempted assassination (as a young kid, I remember watching the initial “NBC News Special Report” as it happened), that politician that blew his head off on live TV, Challenger explosion, United 232, Columbia disaster, 9/11 attacks... all of those victims had loved ones too. And America was glued to the TV for all of those tragedies; most aired live as they happened.

As disrespectful as airing accident video might be to surviving family members, it’s nothing new and spans back decades.

Condolences to the victims, families, friends and squadron mates of yesterday’s mishap. 

Edited by Pancake
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, airlineflunky said:

Odds are the families already had a tough year with the hurricane.

They might need a bump.

Anyone know where to we can donate to help?

Heads up everyone.  I have a buddy in the PRANG setting up a foundation to help.  The Rican 68 Foundation.  More to follow in a few days.  

Prayers to the families.   

• Upvote 1

On 5/3/2018 at 8:49 AM, Champ Kind said:

This. Not so much a problem on this board where the discourse is professional, but the keyboard warriors and flight sim super pilots Monday morning QBing on Facebook really pisses me off. 

Edited by 08Dawg