What are my Chances - Reserve

Yaweh

Hello! I am a prior enlisted load master for 6 years. Separated to go to school full time.  I currently have my PPL and Instrument Rated, approximately halfway with my Commercial. 

I am 27 years old. 

AFOQT

Pilot: 82  Nav: 88 Acad Aptitude: 63 Verbal:95 Quantitative: 27

PCSM: 81

At the time of the test I had 115 hours but now I have about 150 I am expecting to finish the year with just over 200 hours and with my current scores that should give me an 85 PCSM.

Currently have one more full semester of school till I achieve my B.S in Aeronautics and holding a 3.92 GPA 

What I would like to do is get a job either guard or reserve in an actual aircraft in a decent location. I am not picky. I currently submitted a package for un-sponsored May board with hopes that If I do get accepted that will help me seem more appealing. Fingers Crossed.  

Let me know what you think my chances are and if you have any information that you believe would be helpful! All is welcome. 

13 minutes ago, HDESP said:

Hello! I am a prior enlisted load master for 6 years. Separated to go to school full time.  I currently have my PPL and Instrument Rated, approximately halfway with my Commercial. 

I am 27 years old. 

AFOQT

At the time of the test I had 115 hours but now I have about 150 I am expecting to finish the year with just over 200 hours and with my current scores that should give me an 85 PCSM.

Currently have one more full semester of school till I achieve my B.S in Aeronautics and holding a 3.92 GPA 

What I would like to do is get a job either guard or reserve in an actual aircraft in a decent location. I am not picky. I currently submitted a package for un-sponsored May board with hopes that If I do get accepted that will help me seem more appealing. Fingers Crossed.  

Let me know what you think my chances are and if you have any information that you believe would be helpful! All is welcome. 

I think your chances are good for the unsponsored board depending on how many they take unsponsored. Apply to as many units as you can. Rush the ones you can afford to get to. 

2 hours ago, Engineer2Pilot said:

Are you aiming for heavies fighters or both? 

Fighters would be very cool, but I am mostly Aiming for C17 or depending on the Location the C130J

I think you have the resume to get you an interview at most units, fighters included. From what I have read here and from my experience with two Guard interviews, I can tell you the process is pretty subjective after you land the interview. Sometimes you mesh well with units sometimes you just don't. My advice, you have about 2 solid years worth of applications so I would focus on the units you really want to get hired at first and then as you're approaching the time you would need an age waiver, start casting your net out as far as possible. Getting a waiver can vary depending on the unit so I wouldn't take that risk,  just get hired before you will need one. 

• Upvote 1

Scores look good man.  Like the others have said, get apps out there today.  I believe MS is hiring for C-17 slots right now.  If you haven't already used BogiDope, I suggest you check it out.  It's a great resource and helped me out a ton in the hiring process.  Their interview prep service was well worth the money.  Good luck man.

Thank you everyone for the responses,   I am currently building up a PDF package that I can email and a few print outs that Ill place in folders. Ill definitely check out BogiDope. 

On ‎5‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, HDESP said:

I am 27 years old. 

AFOQT

I think your numbers look very good.  I had way lower numbers, non prior at 28.5 and got hired to fly C-17 at a guard unit in NY.  Just completed my FC1 and waiting for class dates to get started.  Apply everywhere you can and if interviewing, make sure you just hit it over the park.  Good luck. 

2 hours ago, RIOMAR89 said:

I think your numbers look very good.  I had way lower numbers, non prior at 28.5 and got hired to fly C-17 at a guard unit in NY.  Just completed my FC1 and waiting for class dates to get started.  Apply everywhere you can and if interviewing, make sure you just hit it over the park.  Good luck. 

Thanks man, have fun with your future classes!