Jump to content
Baseops Forums
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
elvis

Guard Seasoning to Reserve Unit

Question

Hi all, 

If selected for a Guard F-16 unit, after RTU, in the two years of seasoning, can you go to a reserve F-16 unit to accomplish that seasoning? Or does it specifically have to be a Guard unit that sponsors your seasoning? 

 

elvis 

Edited by elvis
wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 hour ago, elvis said:

Hi all, 

If selected for a Guard F-16 unit, after RTU, in the two years of seasoning, can you go to a reserve F-16 unit to accomplish that seasoning? Or does it specifically have to be a Guard unit that sponsors your seasoning? 

 

elvis 

As far as I know, you would go back to your home unit for seasoning.  I doubt your unit is going to pay a reserve unit to spin you up for 2 years.  You belong to that guard unit.  A guard unit isn't really a sponsor in the sense that I understand reserve units sponsoring folks.  You are hired to a specific guard unit, and they own you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, black hills tj said:

As far as I know, you would go back to your home unit for seasoning.  I doubt your unit is going to pay a reserve unit to spin you up for 2 years.  You belong to that guard unit.  A guard unit isn't really a sponsor in the sense that I understand reserve units sponsoring folks.  You are hired to a specific guard unit, and they own you. 

Thanks for the response, black hills tj. I should've added specific details, for example an ANG unit that is an RTU base as well. If you get picked up by them and you HAVE to leave for your seasoning of 2 years to an active base, at that point can you pick an active F-16 Guard or Reserve to do those 2 years of seasoning or does it still have to be specifically Guard F-16's. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I know of a guy in that situation who ended up in a reserve squadron for seasoning and has the choice to stay or go back once seasoning is over.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 4/17/2018 at 11:19 PM, FlyArmy said:

I know of a guy in that situation who ended up in a reserve squadron for seasoning and has the choice to stay or go back once seasoning is over.

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking to hear. Appreciate the response, FlyArmy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  



×