19 minutes ago, TeafChief said:

I’ve heard the same. Two buddies of mine from here at Wright Patt had their UPT orders turned back on after the color standards changed. The were off to IFS within two weeks, and were PCS’d within 45 days of the IFS return. It was wild how fast they disappeared...

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I know several who were picked up and are not pcsing until the end of December. It's anyone's guess what's going to happen

13 minutes ago, TeafChief said:

Also, anyone else applying due to the new color vision standards?? Curious to see if I have any “color deficient” friends...

I’m a color deficient friend. Just happy that I have this opportunity. 

On that note, a previous post said that all medical waivers and medical ETPs were being reviewed by HAF/A1. Is there reason to fear that my waiver might not be accepted? Or are they just checking that paperwork is in order?

27 minutes ago, ZachEhlers said:

Just curious... what we’re your original CCT scores before the change? @TeafChief too!

55 L and 65 R, both for Red. Still barely in, but a stamped physical is a stamped physical. And color isn’t done on the annual PHA anymore, so that’s one less thing. 

Edited by TeafChief

I’m also worried about the CCT. How does it compare to the civilian counterparts like the Ishihara Plates or the Farnsworth Lantern? I struggle with those, therefore I can only assume I’ll struggle with the CCT. Like many of you, I have no problem differentiating colors in day to day life, but those damn color plates of hell are different story. Lol ...and I hear the CCT is even more challenging, so there’s that. 

Edited by gatsby

5 hours ago, ZachEhlers said:

Are you worried about taking the CCT at MFS being so borderline?

I am not. Since I’m here at Wright Patt, USAFSAM did my physical, therefor I do not require MFS. And since color is no longer tested during the annual physical, I should be out of the woods on that. 

28 minutes ago, gatsby said:

I’m also worried about the CCT. How does it compare to the civilian counterparts like the Ishihara Plates or the Farnsworth Lantern? I struggle with those, therefore I can only assume I’ll struggle with the CCT. Like many of you, I have no problem differentiating colors in day to day life, but those damn color plates of hell are different story. Lol ...and I hear the CCT is even more challenging, so there’s that. 

For me, the CCT was a bear. Being moderately color deficient, ive never had a problem with the CIV tests like the ishihara plates. Ive had an FAA medical since 2010 and (up until taking the CCT) never knew I had any sort of “deficiency.”

Background: FAA Class 1, PPL prior to ROTC comissioning. Had pilot slot out of ROTC but was stopped senior year when we did our initial physicals at Wright Patt. CCT highlighted that there was some sort of color deficiency, which I had no prior knowledge of up until that point (i.e. I had my PPL, how is that possible??).  To say I had choice words with the optometrist is an understatement... 

My advice on the CCT, just take your time. Ask the tech who’s running the test to explain what the best moves are when you can’t see the letter. You’re obviously on a time clock with selecting letters, but when it comes time to switch eyes, take as long as you need for them to adjust. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ZachEhlers said:

Just curious... what we’re your original CCT scores before the change? @TeafChief too!

65 with green (both eyes). I took it again once on active duty just to confirm and got 65 in my left eye, 95 in my right... fast forward to my IFC for this board and I got 90s in both eyes... I can’t explain and neither could the optometrist. pretty bizarre

6 minutes ago, CSEWO said:

I'm just praying AFPC releases me from my career field this year.... According to the board last year, that was the only reason I couldn't go.

How is your community looking now? Since we have an influx of enlisted pilots into the RPA world, our manning is healthy and hopefully that'll keep me in the running. Hopefully you're in a good spot this year! I heard a lot of CSOs applied last year so they had to make those manning calls.

6 minutes ago, Rated2014 said:

How is your community looking now? Since we have an influx of enlisted pilots into the RPA world, our manning is healthy and hopefully that'll keep me in the running. Hopefully you're in a good spot this year! I heard a lot of CSOs applied last year so they had to make those manning calls.

Still not great- I'm assuming we're in the same community based on his handle- they don't release a lot of instructors out of here, but I'd say it's gotten better. Good luck to you and thank God I'm not an instructor yet! 

14 hours ago, TeafChief said:

I’ve heard the same. Two buddies of mine from here at Wright Patt had their UPT orders turned back on after the color standards changed. The were off to IFS within two weeks, and were PCS’d within 45 days of the IFS return. It was wild how fast they disappeared...

So you are at Wright-Patt!? Me too!

1 hour ago, Rated2014 said:

The community looks one way on paper but is reported differently to AFPC. Community never wants to give up its bodies. I'll keep my fingers crossed that less EWOs applied but who knows!

2 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

Does MFS have a valid duration? I did it for RPAs about 2 years ago. I know my FC1 is valid for several years so maybe MFS is too? It'd be nice to get picked up and just get a UPT RIP. 

I’d venture to say if your FC1 is still valid, you shouldn’t need MFS. It is my understanding that MFS is done only to complete the flight physical process. USAFSAM and USAFA are the only places (that I’m aware of) that MFS can be accomplished. 

If your current physical is stamped and doesn’t say “pending MFS”, I would think you’re safe. 

I'll have to go back and look at my form. I don't remember what the stamp said anymore. I was just excited to have it stamped on time.

Today I thought I'd relax a bit and watch some UPT drop night videos to Distract myself.... Do not recommend... Now all I can think about is T38 form flights and how upset I'll be if I don't get to do them. 😣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rated2014 said:

I'll have to go back and look at my form. I don't remember what the stamp said anymore. I was just excited to have it stamped on time.

Today I thought I'd relax a bit and watch some UPT drop night videos to Distract myself.... Do not recommend... Now all I can think about is T38 form flights and how upset I'll be if I don't get to do them. 😣

It is drop night tonight 😉

6 minutes ago, Rated2014 said:

The KC135s have been dropping hot the last year from the videos I've been watching. That's a lot of 17s too. Is that a Vance drop? 

Buddy from Vance sent it to me. I was under the impression that this list was for both Vance, Laughlin, and Columbus. The Vance FAIP slots make you think that it's just VN though.. who knows for sure. Buddy who sent this to me just dropped slick 130's to The Rock.