1 hour ago, Rated2014 said:

The wait is harder now... Before, I was just thinking "we'll hear something when we hear something." Now, I can't help but think "what if I just didn't get it and that's why I'm not hearing anything?" 

Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts. 

My feelings and thoughts exactly! 

From my commander:

"I had FSS here pull the “secure” PDSMs today and it wasn’t there. That’s where they originate from...so not sure where the other info is coming from."

Maybe next week???

37 minutes ago, Rage W. said:

From my commander:

"I had FSS here pull the “secure” PDSMs today and it wasn’t there. That’s where they originate from...so not sure where the other info is coming from."

Maybe next week???

Well if someone on this forum has already found out the list must be somewhere out there. 

6 minutes ago, TeafChief said:

side note, walked through the Air Force Museum  today, so that didn’t help at all...

I’ve refused to go anywhere near there since submitting my package. Seems to be a lot of Wright Patt people on this forum haha. 

Not board related, but I just talked to an old instructor from Randolph and he said they're looking at adding it as a UPT base as early as this summer. They currently have PIT there, but want to add an undergraduate class. It's not official yet, but it's early enough to potentially be starting up with this board. 

16 minutes ago, Rated2014 said:

Not board related, but I just talked to an old instructor from Randolph and he said they're looking at adding it as a UPT base as early as this summer. They currently have PIT there, but want to add an undergraduate class. It's not official yet, but it's early enough to potentially be starting up with this board. 

I’ll happily fall on that sword...

I feel good about my PCSM/PPL, but I partied hard in college and got a whopping 2.5 GPA... 😖 Hopefully the other parts of our packages far outweigh the bad. If I don't get picked up I guess it's even more flight hours and start a masters for next year. 

29 minutes ago, MC2112 said:

I really hope I don’t regret dishing out 1/5 of my salary for the year on a PPL. 

Lol. My thoughts exactly. At $100 and hr, it's an investment I really hope to get back tomorrow. 

26 minutes ago, UFTapplicant said:

Guys I got a PCSM of a 11, but was previous enlisted aviator. Not sure if that means much, but let’s hops it does.

I mean, we've seen pilot selects in that range before! Did you log combat time for your AF215? That's another bean I'm hoping helps me; I've pulled a decent amount of it for my two years 

Edited by Rated2014

17 minutes ago, Rated2014 said:

Lol. My thoughts exactly. At $100 and hr, it's an investment I really hope to get back tomorrow. 

I mean, we've seen pilot selects in that range before! Did you log combat time for your AF215? That's another bean I'm hoping helps me; I've pulled a decent amount of it for my two years 

No I didn’t. But my LOR reflected that.

27 minutes ago, Rated2014 said:

Thankfully it's people grading our packages and not an automated system. The LoR and personal letter may be the saving grace for a lot of us.

Yes, thank goodness for the whole person concept. My PCSM score was not the best. 

17 minutes ago, goddard15 said:

I think the distribution of pcsms is not at all normally distributed but probably bimodal between people who do and do not have a PPL / lots of hours. The data they provide which presents the mean, max, min is hard to interpret.  My guess is there are peaks around 55 and 85 but I haven’t looked at their PowerPoint slides recently (not an applicant this year). 

A histogram would be awesome because although someone’s pcsm may be above the min they really have no way of knowing how many people near that pcsm ever get selected and whether or not to invest money on hours. 

I had a pcsm of 17 and spent a lot of money to improve my pcsm last year. 

I think the money invested isn’t a waste though. It’ll help prepare you for training. 

I didn’t have any flight hours when I applied, but I’ve been taking lessons since. So much to learn. It’s intimidating for someone without prior experience/PPL. 

29 minutes ago, jjpoole741 said:

I think the money invested isn’t a waste though. It’ll help prepare you for training. 

I didn’t have any flight hours when I applied, but I’ve been taking lessons since. So much to learn. It’s intimidating for someone without prior experience/PPL. 

Agree, I made a conscious risk to only get 11 hours, put me at an average pcsm with a good career record/LOR...hopefully it doesn't bite me 

Last year's application I had a 93 PCSM, 3.0 GPA, over 100 hours civilian, over 350 combat hours, O-6 LoR, and an EQ check ride in my current aircraft as a Nav. I better get good news. My commitment ended almost 3 weeks ago. The Air Force will have no pilot or Nav if I don't get selected.