6 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

I'm in the same boat... My Wing has 1 pilot, 0 other rated.  I have a pubs bag already that I was using while working towards my PPL, so I'm bringing that.  I wouldn't sweat it too much, they should have everything we need (That isn't on reporting instr) on site.

I’m not even on an AF base and don’t have an RA. I had to acquire hand-me-down flight suits/gloves. Every time I call Laughlin, they are just lost on the fact that I am going to IFT first. Then I call Doss and they just tell me to contact my UPT base...

5 hours ago, Dutch566 said:

I’m not even on an AF base and don’t have an RA. I had to acquire hand-me-down flight suits/gloves. Every time I call Laughlin, they are just lost on the fact that I am going to IFT first. Then I call Doss and they just tell me to contact my UPT base...

That’s wild... luckily I made some bros in the nearby reserve unit, they opened up their equipment warehouse and hooked me up with all the gear I needed and their recent upt grads talked me through some questions I had.

PSDM should drop this week. I was curious if there was anybody here that ran into issues with ADSC when applying for the board. AFI says we need to serve half of it to be eligible, but I figure thats not in effect if a lot of 2LT’s got picked up the lst board. Wanted to know you all’s experience.

3 hours ago, Bob Uecker said:

PSDM should drop this week. I was curious if there was anybody here that ran into issues with ADSC when applying for the board. AFI says we need to serve half of it to be eligible, but I figure thats not in effect if a lot of 2LT’s got picked up the lst board. Wanted to know you all’s experience.

I think it depends on what kind of ADSC you have... If it's an ADSC from a commissioning source/PCS/other basic shit then it's no issue... If you have an ADSC from getting your Masters (AFIT/etc) or something along those lines, you may have to pursue a waiver.  

I was on station for < 1 year when I applied and was accepted w/o a waiver.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

I think it depends on what kind of ADSC you have... If it's an ADSC from a commissioning source/PCS/other basic shit then it's no issue... If you have an ADSC from getting your Masters (AFIT/etc) or something along those lines, you may have to pursue a waiver.  

I was on station for < 1 year when I applied and was accepted w/o a waiver.

Awesome, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that was previously med DQ'd and was picked up this last board thanks to the relaxed color vision standards - did you have to go to MFS at Wright-Patt again? 

I reached out to AFPC inquiring about a TDY RIP, and the tech said I won't need to go since I went back in 2013 (despite getting DQ'd under previous CCT standards). Sounds fantastic, but I would assume I'd have to knock out a successful round with them... and my 2808 is of course stamped pending MFS.

Any insight from those who have already PCS'd?

Headed to Vance 31 Aug

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 9:08 PM, fischtales said:

For anyone that was previously med DQ'd and was picked up this last board thanks to the relaxed color vision standards - did you have to go to MFS at Wright-Patt again? 

I reached out to AFPC inquiring about a TDY RIP, and the tech said I won't need to go since I went back in 2013 (despite getting DQ'd under previous CCT standards). Sounds fantastic, but I would assume I'd have to knock out a successful round with them... and my 2808 is of course stamped pending MFS.

Headed to Vance 31 Aug

Short answer, no.

DQ'd for color vision in 2015, UPT select on this board with the new standards as well. My 2808 was stamped qualified without the "pending MFS" statement.

However, MFS was shown as a PPC to receive orders so I reached out to AFPC and they confirmed that MFS was not required again and that I could proceed with my PCS.

I would hit up AFPC again and the flight med clinic that you did your physical through, maybe they can answer why it was stamped as pending.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:08 AM, fischtales said:

Headed to Vance 31 Aug

I'm in the same boat. DQ'd in '14 for color vision and picked up on this recent board. My 2808 had the same stamp, "pending successful completion of MFS". When I hit the 90 day mark for my PCS and a TDY for MFS still hadn't been loaded I called medical standards Branch at Wright Patt. They said I didn't need to go to MFS, which was great news but my 2808 and orders (with the MFS PPC) said otherwise. Long story short they asked for a follow up appt with my local base optometry clinic and when they received the results a new SF600 was generated with updated comments from optometry. They told me to bring both sf600s to UPT since the old SF 600 had anthropomorphic and psyc comments, the new one had passing comments from Opthalmology. 

Originally, I had the same mindset as TeafChief, but med standards wouldn't actually let me go. It took a lot of back and forth (and getting AETC involved) but now i have the proper documentation. 

Hope this helps. Good luck at Vance

• Upvote 1

I am headed to Vance in October and the Housing Office actually told me I COULDN’T stay in the dorms because I am a Captain. They said if this isn’t your first duty assignment then you aren’t required to stay in the dorms, predominately due to HHG. I’m also unaccompanied. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/18/2019 at 4:38 PM, Wren said:

I am headed to Vance in October and the Housing Office actually told me I COULDN’T stay in the dorms because I am a Captain. They said if this isn’t your first duty assignment then you aren’t required to stay in the dorms, predominately due to HHG. I’m also unaccompanied. 

Are they going to make you stay in base housing though? I'll likely be in the same boat as you in the near future, but it might not be Vance.

Edited by Patrick Bateman

• 3 months later...

Stirring up an old thread!  The FY20 boards results have been released to Commanders, and should be public on Thursday this week.  For those of us that were fortunate enough to get picked up, I have a few questions.  What was the turn time to get RIPs/orders?  In reviewing the thread, it looks like you got informed ~7 Jan and got informed of your bases/dates on ~19 Jan, is that correct?  

From the January notification, what was the earliest turn time you had to get to UPT?  It looks like there were a few PCSs that were in June/July/August.  Does 4-7 months sound about right?  I think this would put our dates from March - June.  AFPC said there was a little backlog for UPT folks this year, is that the same story you had last year?  

Thanks in advance for any feedback!