22 hours ago, jjpoole741 said:

This is correct. Follow the reporting instructions on the Doss website, it’s accurate. Only significant change was the removal of the PT test upon arrival. You’ll do PT, but there is no longer an official test on day 1. 

Awesome, thank you for the heads up! On an unrelated note, do you know why we need to apply for a civilian student pilots license? 

1 minute ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Applying to the upcoming board! Super excited. How do I go about applying for an ENJJPT spot?

Is it assigned to me?

Do I request it before the board date?

Best,

In the application there is a block you select that puts your name into consideration as a volunteer. You will find out if you’re selected during the official release because your name would have an asterisk next to it on the memorandum (assuming this stays the same from previous releases). 

2 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

Applying to the upcoming board! Super excited. How do I go about applying for an ENJJPT spot?

Is it assigned to me?

Do I request it before the board date?

Best,

You check a box on the AF215 saying that you volunteer for ENJJPT. You find out if you got it when everyone gets results.

In the middle of the process rn, all I know so far is that my application items need to be to my recruiter by the end of July for his upcoming board. 

I have very little confidence in my recruiter, so bare with me with these questions.

My recruiter is saying I can’t apply for ENJJPT until after I’m at OTS? Meaning I can’t fill out a AF215. 

Also how important is the AF TFOT? Specifically the essay? 

Thanks,

12 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

In the middle of the process rn, all I know so far is that my application items need to be to my recruiter by the end of July for his upcoming board. 

I have very little confidence in my recruiter, so bare with me with these questions.

My recruiter is saying I can’t apply for ENJJPT until after I’m at OTS? Meaning I can’t fill out a AF215. 

Also how important is the AF TFOT? Specifically the essay? 

Thanks,

I believe the recruiter is correct. ENJJPT applications were done during OTS for us. For those already on Active Duty status applying to UFT, the AF215 is the process. Things may have changed, but this was the case for me. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 4321 said:

Anyone hear any word about getting flight suits for those of us not going to IFT?

I had called the Columbus transition office asking that very question and was told to hold tight. We get issued them when we arrive. Only folks needing to buy flight suits prior to showing are the IFT peeps. 

55 minutes ago, LiterallyMaverick said:

On the topic of flight suits, my RA just bought mine, and they have no velcro on the sleeves or right side of the chest? Or American flags? Am I supposed to buy those at clothing sales along with ranks to sew onto them? Or am I missing something? 

You’ll have to take them to alterations to have them sew the velcro on. They typically have velcro in stock, so you just pay for it there. You can buy flags online or at a clothing sale store. I purchased my flags and AETC patches from www.aviatorgear.com, but there are a ton of different places that carry everything you need. One piece of advice, make sure they sew the larger velcro pieces on *both* sides and not just enough velcro for the flag patch (they did this to me and I had to take them back to have it redone). 

3 hours ago, jjpoole741 said:

You’ll have to take them to alterations to have them sew the velcro on. They typically have velcro in stock, so you just pay for it there. You can buy flags online or at a clothing sale store. I purchased my flags and AETC patches from www.aviatorgear.com, but there are a ton of different places that carry everything you need. One piece of advice, make sure they sew the larger velcro pieces on *both* sides and not just enough velcro for the flag patch (they did this to me and I had to take them back to have it redone). 

Thanks for the tip! I'll make sure to mention that when I bring the suits in tomorrow! 

4 hours ago, jjpoole741 said:

Did you get your pencil flap removed as well?

10 hours ago, rb1391 said:

Did you get your pencil flap removed as well?

I ended up cutting it off myself, but recommend having alterations remove it just to be safe. We had a couple people inadvertently damage the uniform trying to cut it off on their own. 

Do you guys think we need to show up with a pubs bag? One of my friends said to bring one but another said not to? I already know to bring a knee board and map strap, but Idk about any other pilot accouterments. Since I'm not coming from a upt base with issued stuff, I'm kinda shooting in the dark here with what to bring that wasn't listed on Doss's arrival guide

2 hours ago, LiterallyMaverick said:

Do you guys think we need to show up with a pubs bag? One of my friends said to bring one but another said not to? I already know to bring a knee board and map strap, but Idk about any other pilot accouterments. Since I'm not coming from a upt base with issued stuff, I'm kinda shooting in the dark here with what to bring that wasn't listed on Doss's arrival guide

I'm in the same boat... My Wing has 1 pilot, 0 other rated.  I have a pubs bag already that I was using while working towards my PPL, so I'm bringing that.  I wouldn't sweat it too much, they should have everything we need (That isn't on reporting instr) on site.