Congrats to everyone that got selected! I basically just heard about this program, so too late to apply to this board. Does anyone know when the next board is? I heard September but I haven't seen that anywhere in MyPers or elsewhere. I'm trying for ABM, afoqt score is 99. Thanks for the help!

19 hours ago, Hopeful CSO to Pilot said:

Anyone getting to Laughlin in May? Might be looking for a roommate in base housing if I can manage to stay out of the dorms. 

I’ve got a 10 July RNLTD to Laughlin.  Need to get back from the desert and do MFS first. 

10 hours ago, AlexLM12 said:

Congrats to everyone that got selected! I basically just heard about this program, so too late to apply to this board. Does anyone know when the next board is? I heard September but I haven't seen that anywhere in MyPers or elsewhere. I'm trying for ABM, afoqt score is 99. Thanks for the help!

The PSDM for the next board should drop around June with all of the dates and new reqs. That tracks another Sept-Oct deadline for apps. They did take a lot of ABMs this year, so the need seems to be there! Good luck

17 hours ago, AlexLM12 said:

AFPC told me the nomination PSDM will drop in late Feb and the next board will be in Sept.

3 hours ago, UFTapplicant said:

AFPC told me the nomination PSDM will drop in late Feb and the next board will be in Sept.

11 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

The PSDM for the next board should drop around June with all of the dates and new reqs. That tracks another Sept-Oct deadline for apps. They did take a lot of ABMs this year, so the need seems to be there! Good luck

Thank you both!

15 minutes ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Anyone know if we need to have name tags made for our flight suits before we show to IFT? And if so is there guidance on what material/color/info that has to be on there? 

All patches are issued items. You only need to worry about sewing your rank and sleeve velcro onto your bags. 

At IFT my class just had temporary black leather patches with sticker tape names on them. Your training base will get you two patches ordered. I called ahead to my base and gave them my info so they'll be waiting for me. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

All patches are issued items. You only need to worry about sewing your rank and sleeve velcro onto your bags. 

At IFT my class just had temporary black leather patches with sticker tape names on them. Your training base will get you two patches ordered. I called ahead to my base and gave them my info so they'll be waiting for me. 

Did you have flight suits prior to going? For none rated dudes and dudettes, how would one come across issued flight gear? 

1 minute ago, Dutch566 said:

Did you have flight suits prior to going? For none rated dudes and dudettes, how would one come across issued flight gear? 

Base supply. Call then up, they’ll either be a contract shop or old school and require an ESS supply account. It is probably contracted, in which case your RA will swipe the unit GPC. You can get your patches as well through nametags4u.com. No specification on colors, but I’d say you’re good with home MAJCOM/wing colors since you’re TDY. Again, a GOC swipe.  (the IFT reporting instructions say have them so I’m getting them just in case). 

1 minute ago, Padre said:

Base supply. Call then up, they’ll either be a contract shop or old school and require an ESS supply account. It is probably contracted, in which case your RA will swipe the unit GPC. You can get your patches as well through nametags4u.com. No specification on colors, but I’d say you’re good with home MAJCOM/wing colors since you’re TDY. Again, a GOC swipe.  (the IFT reporting instructions say have them so I’m getting them just in case). 

Only problem is I am not with an AF unit or command right now. I am attached to a sister service unit. I’ll try calling up the closet AF base and see what I can sweet talk them into giving me. That method has worked decently for me in the past. 

Hello, so I just graduated, commissioned, got my pilot slot, passed flight physical, got my security clearance and am now waiting to EAD. I got two questions,

One: I am curious if by the time I go to UPT (presumably starting the summer of 2019) will I be able to track F-35/F-22 directly? Or will I still need to track something more common such as F-15 or F-16 first and then transfer down the road? I know it all depends on what is available for my class, but lets assume there are available F-35/22s... would those even come up as options for brand new UPT grads?

Two: n00b question sorry! Do I find out which airframe I fly before or after I am selected to track T38? Like when you finish on the T-6 do they say "Congrats, you are flying the F22! go hop in a T38 now" or do they say "Congrats, you've been assigned fighter, go hop in a T38 and we'll tell you which fighter you get after you are finished with the T38"?

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like I'm about to enter the RPA pipeline in October via TDY after TDY. I had thought this would be a PCS to Randolph followed by accomplishing all training TDY from there. Not sure how to handle leaving my wife trapped at Vandenberg while I'm TDY for at least a year. Anyone else got a recipe for best practices here? This will effectively put her education on hold for a year or two without the PCS to Randolph we were expecting.

On 2/13/2019 at 2:19 PM, fishandbike said:

Hello, so I just graduated, commissioned, got my pilot slot, passed flight physical, got my security clearance and am now waiting to EAD. I got two questions,

One: I am curious if by the time I go to UPT (presumably starting the summer of 2019) will I be able to track F-35/F-22 directly? Or will I still need to track something more common such as F-15 or F-16 first and then transfer down the road? I know it all depends on what is available for my class, but lets assume there are available F-35/22s... would those even come up as options for brand new UPT grads?

Two: n00b question sorry! Do I find out which airframe I fly before or after I am selected to track T38? Like when you finish on the T-6 do they say "Congrats, you are flying the F22! go hop in a T38 now" or do they say "Congrats, you've been assigned fighter, go hop in a T38 and we'll tell you which fighter you get after you are finished with the T38"?

Thanks in advance!

They’ve had F-22/35 drops. Not a lot of them, but they are out there. 

You’ll track heavies or fighter/bomber first. Drop nights don’t happen till the very end. 

My advice, don’t worry about dropping F-35’s out the gate. Worry about what it takes to get there (i.e. taking it one day at a time). If you do the small things right, it’ll open up opportunities for you later in training. 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:19 PM, fishandbike said:

Thanks in advance!

I'd focus on EADing first, if I were in your shoes.

Edited by Warriorboy16

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:19 AM, fishandbike said:

Thanks in advance!

Answers to both questions is NO. T-38's don't guarantee a fighter either. We have 5-7 T-38 grads in my AWACS squadron. Needs of the AF.

All you should care about is being a student pilot and learning to fly. It's good to have goals. But manage your expectations. No one flies solo, so being a good team player is the key to success. The instructors don't care how good of hands you have, if you taze your bros to better yourself, you'll be flying the furthest thing from a fighter if they don't wash you out for airmanship.

I want a 5th gen as well, but it's last on my priority list of what I want to get out of UPT. I'm just happy and thankful to have the opportunity to be there, period dot.

"Just Happy To Be Here".

• Upvote 2

Definitely focus on the nearest alligator, but I haven't heard of any 35's outside of ENJJPT yet, but there have been a few 22's out of standard UPT but they're unicornish.

Also, track select is just the track; you won't get your airframe assignment until the very end. For T1's you are guaranteed heavies only, for T38's you are able to get fighter/bomber, but you are eligible for literally every fixed wing in inventory if needed. If you really want them, bust your butt. It's probably safe to say all T38's will have it as their first choice on their dream sheet.

Edited by Rated2014