3 hours ago, iavaz said:

Are we supposed to email the AFPC workflow accepting UPT selection? I asked my FSS POC and they said that just accepting the training RIPs is sufficient. The PDSM was worded weird. 

I believe the UPT RIP is enough and we are only supposed to email AFPC if we were denying training. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, MC2112 said:

Anyone know how housing works at UPT. Mainly are we still required to live in dorms with the USAFA and ROTC kids or do we receive the option coming from active duty? 

My reporting instructions say "you may be required to live in the Unaccompanied Officer Quarters." 

Also, finally got a date! July to Vance, no IFT. 

Edited by Rated2014

12 hours ago, MC2112 said:

Anyone know how housing works at UPT. Mainly are we still required to live in dorms with the USAFA and ROTC kids or do we receive the option coming from active duty? 

So if you are unaccompanied/single, you will live in the dorm or, upon availability, share a government owned duplex house with another student. Married members on the other hand have the option to buy or rent off base or to use family housing on base. These are the instructions from Laughlin.

11 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

It's definitely worth asking; my instructions also say UOD is ABUs and in bold says "NO FLIGHTSUITS." But I called and said I'm a prior rated bag-wearer and they said I'm good. A lot of it seems geared toward brand new folks. 

You got UPT instructions? I need, where find? 

I'll be at Columbus 

Edited by Uptapplicant2019
Just kidding Google is a powerful tool

16 minutes ago, 10Reps4Hawgs said:

Anyone with an existing assignment gotten their stuff cancelled and new assignment loaded yet? Still waiting for any info on when UPT is and I’m guessing the delay is due to extra admin actions to change assignments. My PDD is 30 days out for original assignment

Nothing for me yet... still showing my old assignment. 

35 minutes ago, 10Reps4Hawgs said:

Anyone with an existing assignment gotten their stuff cancelled and new assignment loaded yet? Still waiting for any info on when UPT is and I’m guessing the delay is due to extra admin actions to change assignments. My PDD is 30 days out for original assignment

I got an email a couple of days ago saying my assignment was canceled. Showing blank in vMPF and old assignment still loaded in AMS. I havent heard anything yet, but I imagine it will be soon...fingers crossed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iavaz said:

Little late to the game but here are my dates:

IFT 14 May- 14 June

Vance RNLTD 10 Jul

Anyone know if we have to buy flightsuits for IFT? 

You will never buy flight gear; it's issued to you forever. 

I have a 31 Jul RNLTD for vance!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 10Reps4Hawgs said:

Yes, I had a previous assignment to Nellis in March and I got the email last week that it was cancelled. Today it showed up in vMPF and I was able to take my initial in-processing brief. Soon I will have orders.

43 minutes ago, iavaz said:

Little late to the game but here are my dates:

IFT 14 May- 14 June

Vance RNLTD 10 Jul

Anyone know if we have to buy flightsuits for IFT? 

I believe your squadron handles this and it comes out of some pot of money but not yours. You will need them before IFT though.

22 minutes ago, iavaz said:

IFT arrival guide says they don’t provide uniforms, guess I’m buying yet another uniform. 

Your gear will be issued to you prior to attending IFT. IFT is a civilian flight program with an attached AF squadron so they don't have any kind of gear issue there. Your TDY orders will include the equipment issue required, just like deployment orders.

15 hours ago, 10Reps4Hawgs said:

I haven’t gotten anything yet, my original assignment is still showing