6 minutes ago, 10Reps4Hawgs said:

Or how long it takes before AFPC sends out base and RNLTDs? 

Purely judging off of last year's thread, it looks like selects will know around Monday for the Wright-Pat physical, IFT, UPT dates. I know a guy picked up last year, and if you need IFT then they will most likely TDY you from your current job before you PCS for UPT. 

5 hours ago, UPT_Hopeful said:

Also, I know someone mentioned it. If you want to try and get a little advance notice, your MPF should show training pending once they have you in the system. 

I keep checking my surf but it hasn't updated since 02 Jan! Lol. I wanna know nooooow!

*looks like it updated 08 Jan but still no projected assignment loaded. 

Edited by Rated2014

6 hours ago, UPT_Hopeful said:

Also, I know someone mentioned it. If you want to try and get a little advance notice, your MPF should show training pending once they have you in the system. 

I just checked my CDB and under Service Commitment Dates it shows :

20 JUN 2019 PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS)

I'll reiterate that I was picked up for URT so it may not be populated for other jobs.

*Edit* Just realized that could have just been sitting there as that would be 2 years on station and may not be an indication of any change.

Edited by JayDubb

29 minutes ago, OldUPTapplicant said:

No assignments or training rips will be loaded until after the public release. (Per AFPC)

That sounds in line with last year. The guy I know that was picked up last year found out TDYs the week of the public release, and his PCS was put in a couple days after that. It sounds like they already have the info, they just aren't going to push it out before CC's have had a chance to notify people of selection. Makes sense since I've still yet to hear anything from my cc. 

URT Select.

Pilot 96

PCSM 92

1500+ flt hrs

Prior Army helo pilot

35 yr old 1LT

Kind of a kick in the junk as I was already a military pilot yet they still say I am too old...what was the purpose for even applying for an age waiver if they had no intention of selecting past 33, a waste of mine and my leaderships' time if you ask me. Oh well, enough venting, at least I'm back in aviation...sort of.

Good luck to the rest who haven't found out yet and congrats to those that did. And to those that did not make it, remember, it could always be worse; take solace in knowing you did everything you could to try to get a slot, if you didn't, try harder and apply again! Don't let others dictate your career or dreams of flying. 

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how alternates work? Are there some for each job, and what happens if they reject? Like do people get slotted URT alternate only, and then if they get a real slot and reject it could they reapply? Seems silly to make an alternate held to the same standard as the actual selects.

5 minutes ago, UPT_Hopeful said:

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how alternates work? Are there some for each job, and what happens if they reject? Like do people get slotted URT alternate only, and then if they get a real slot and reject it could they reapply? Seems silly to make an alternate held to the same standard as the actual selects.

The PSDM of last year’s results gave caveats to the alternates. Some were limited to specific jobs, others were alternates for everything. I’m sure it all depends on your medical.

No clue on the rejection piece...

Edited by TeafChief

4 hours ago, JayDubb said:

I just checked my CDB and under Service Commitment Dates it shows :

20 JUN 2019 PERMANENT CHANGE OF STATION (PCS)

I'll reiterate that I was picked up for URT so it may not be populated for other jobs.

*Edit* Just realized that could have just been sitting there as that would be 2 years on station and may not be an indication of any change.

Yeah, that’s your ADSC date because of your previous. 

Congrats everyone so far!!

Still waiting to hear on my end, my CC is in DC and apparently he won't give news over the phone, so I'll find out either Friday if he gets back in time or else on Monday I suppose

I had a pretty good letter of rec and ranking, 99 pilot, and 87 PCSM with 41 flight hours, unfortunately no PPL (got it a week after the board met, fml) but I think I'm at least reasonably competitive

I'll let you all know as soon as I do!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Applicant17 said:

Does anyone know if we’ll have to go to Wright-Patt for another Flight Physcial before training? 

What does your physical say? If it says pending MFS, then you will have to come TDY to WP. Those of us who work here or work close and received our physicals from USAFSAM, should not have to see MFS again. 

Talking to folks at MFS, they say that it doesn’t matter where your physical was conducted. When folks get selected, they want all selects to come to WP so they can be seen. That way, there is a standard for all folks receiving physicals. Some bases have been lienent in the past and given people physicals when they maybe shouldn’t have. If your physical doesn’t say pending MFS, you probably won’t need to be seen again. 

2 minutes ago, TeafChief said:

What does your physical say? If it says pending MFS, then you will have to come TDY to WP. Those of us who work here or work close and received our physicals from USAFSAM, should not have to see MFS again. 

Only upside to being stationed at Wright Patt haha 

Any other 2d Lts get picked up for anything? Feel like I’m the only one. 

1 hour ago, OldUPTapplicant said:

I'll swap you a ABM slot lol. 

That’s a conundrum-if you got a slot other than UPT you’re pretty much locked into it.  However, the guy that scored below you on the board and got tagged as an alternate can walk right into a UPT slot if someone fails MFS, etc. and can’t go.