16 hours ago, Padre said:

I got my hands on the ETP approval list from HAF/A1. A good number of guys were limited to RPA/CSO/ABM only. If you need to see it let me know. Not sure if posting FOUO here is kosher.

Not applicable to me but some interesting info in there, someone got an exemption after declining ABM last board, that's good to know (just in case) 

Correct. The list is from back in Nov. It was to finalize ETPs for the board to consider. 

In my case, it just means my ETP was approved and my application met the board. No impact on selection beyond that. If you don't have waivers/ETPs, then nothing changes for now.

Good news for sure for those approved, but not the real news just yet

10 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Not applicable to me but some interesting info in there, someone got an exemption after declining ABM last board, that's good to know (just in case) 

That’s such horse shit. I’m gonna say that’s some real millennial BS...assuming the classic “i didn’t get what I want so i’ll duck out then make enough noise later to get what i want” played out...

but more power to them, they obviously really want to it turn down rated and nut up to apply again despite the previous hardline black and white on the issue.

5 hours ago, IMUA said:

That’s such horse shit. I’m gonna say that’s some real millennial BS...assuming the classic “i didn’t get what I want so i’ll duck out then make enough noise later to get what i want” played out...

but more power to them, they obviously really want to it turn down rated and nut up to apply again despite the previous hardline black and white on the issue.

Idk man.. nothing against ABM, but it’s obviously the red headed step child of the rated world. I’d go out on a limb and say that 80% of the folks applying would rather not even list ABM as an option. I personally think it should be in its own category, away from pilot/CSO/RPA types. Knowing that you can turn it down, work hard the next year to grow your scores and have an ETP accepted, I’d do it in a heart beat. 

Definitely more power to them for pushing it and getting an ETP accepted. I still think ABM should be its own board.. but then again, maybe it’s roped in with this one to utilize the existing pool of applicants. Might be hard to draw guys in if it was its own thing. 

• Like 1

It's bound to happen when they force everyone to rank every job they are medically qualified for. I'd much rather not have to list all jobs knowing I really really don't want one of them.

On the other hand though... Isn't this very board comprised of a bunch of folks who accepted AF jobs but really want to be doing something else? We're not that far removed from that mentality. I've always wanted to be a manned pilot, but I accepted the interim and committed to it while still pursuing manned flight. I do believe that's the stronger option, but I can't really fault someone when they were forced to list it.

4 minutes ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

My Commander spoke with AFPC, list is still with AFPC/CC still shooting for Christmas release but will still need 7 days to work assignments so could be around New Years. 

So the board needs an additional 7 days after they get the results back to work assignments?