1 minute ago, Rated2014 said:

Silence is deafening.

Late this week could be the earliest we'd hear based off of last year's timeline. My guy at AFPC just told me they are directed to get it done before Christmas so that they can flex to the upcoming OTS board for January. So next two weeks!

I was told 20 Dec is the projected date, but is dependent on if the timeline goes as planned.  If not the 20th then most likely after the new year.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

That checks with what I got; that is the projected public release (PSDM drop) from what I understood, so selects should* find out during the week prior if all goes on schedule. Fingers crossed

So that means this week we could find out! I wonder how likely that is.

5 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

That checks with what I got; that is the projected public release (PSDM drop) from what I understood, so selects should* find out during the week prior if all goes on schedule. Fingers crossed

The commanders advance notification is 7 days prior? If so that would be the 13th, so hopefully this week! 

1 hour ago, MSCguy said:

Flying boards office told me that the release would be before Xmas.

One person will be told to tell you  an ambiguous timeline like from here to mid January 

everynow and then someone slips with the actual goal date. What you heard is prob close to the truth 

Edited by UPTDreamer

2 hours ago, UPTDreamer said:

I’m going to be so bummed if I don’t get it because of this. Air Force: “We need pilots! We’re short! Oh, what do we have here, an eligible candidate who meets all criteria—meh, no thanks!”

53 minutes ago, CaptD said:

I’m going to be so bummed if I don’t get it because of this. Air Force: “We need pilots! We’re short! Oh, what do we have here, an eligible candidate who meets all criteria—meh, no thanks!”

Do not close your doors and network, network, network.

I was an AD select from year or so ago, had a PPL, an approved FC1 and a minority. PCSd to my base and am now a civilian compliments of a medical “issue” that was again on my APPROVED FCI.

The system isn’t as accepting as they make it out to be. Good luck.

24 minutes ago, IMUA said:

Do not close your doors and network, network, network.

I was an AD select from year or so ago, had a PPL, an approved FC1 and a minority. PCSd to my base and am now a civilian compliments of a medical “issue” that was again on my APPROVED FCI.

The system isn’t as accepting as they make it out to be. Good luck.

That’s horrible! I’m sorry dude. How did they dq you if your IFC1 was cleared? Are you trying to fly on the civilian side?

2 minutes ago, UPTDreamer said:

I mean, when you're gone over 300 days a year, not CED, I get that money is not the best motivator to stick around. We have a lot of mobility guys on my end who re-cated to unmanned because they wanted to stay AD but not in mobility. The vicious cycle of needing people to reduce workload but the current workload makes people leave so we still don't have people. Most of our 11U pilots in RPAs are prior C17 and C5 guys. Plus a handful of C130Hs because they are gone.

1 hour ago, Rated2014 said:

I mean, when you're gone over 300 days a year, not CED, I get that money is not the best motivator to stick around. We have a lot of mobility guys on my end who re-cated to unmanned because they wanted to stay AD but not in mobility. The vicious cycle of needing people to reduce workload but the current workload makes people leave so we still don't have people. Most of our 11U pilots in RPAs are prior C17 and C5 guys. Plus a handful of C130Hs because they are gone.

True, loving how the articles are the same if not worse than last year and still don’t give us the opportunity 

35 minutes ago, Padre said:

I got my hands on the ETP approval list from HAF/A1. A good number of guys were limited to RPA/CSO/ABM only. If you need to see it let me know. Not sure if posting FOUO here is kosher.

Is this for ETPs above and beyond what was covered by the blanket age and tafcs ETP, or were dudes covered by that blanket ETP redlined?

3 minutes ago, MSCguy said:

Is this for ETPs above and beyond what was covered by the blanket age and tafcs ETP, or were dudes covered by that blanket ETP redlined?

Outside the blanket ETP statement. So if you were like 40 yrs old and tried to apply for pilot or you were previously eliminated from UTP.

42 minutes ago, Padre said:

I got my hands on the ETP approval list from HAF/A1. A good number of guys were limited to RPA/CSO/ABM only. If you need to see it let me know. Not sure if posting FOUO here is kosher.

When you say “a good number” can you more specific? Also, any other details about the results?