5 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

Yeah, now that I look at it it's just the list of possible A/C and locations, not a list of what's actually dropping; the master T1 list. They've been dropping 3-4 FAIPs per class recently trying to bolster training.

That’s the list of what’s actually dropping...all three bases get the same list, save the base specific FAIP slots/prank slots

I understood it was being sent up for signatures yesterday, so it's probably still in the works there. I believe it has to go up to HAF for final approval. Up to HAF, back down to AFPC, distro to MPFs and SQs. I'd say at least another week to make its rounds knowing the paper cycle. 

For reference, I received RIPs roughly a month after notification, and my PCS date was 5 months after selection.  Class start scheduled for ~5.5 weeks after RNLTD.  "Projected training" showed up on the SURF not too long after notification.  You typically don't receive RIPs for training until you actually get to the UPT base, so that's really the only way I know of to get info on what class you're in before you PCS.

Good luck out there everyone, the waiting game is hard I know.

Looking back on last year they sent the list to AFPC/CC for approval Feb 15 and results were released on AFPC Secure on March 2, so about two weeks. If the signatures mentioned before are any indication I would guess around two weeks?

22 hours ago, Mr.Elephant said:

For reference, I received RIPs roughly a month after notification, and my PCS date was 5 months after selection.  Class start scheduled for ~5.5 weeks after RNLTD.  "Projected training" showed up on the SURF not too long after notification.  You typically don't receive RIPs for training until you actually get to the UPT base, so that's really the only way I know of to get info on what class you're in before you PCS.

Alternative is to call up the respective STUS trans flight and ask them to look you up, or have a buddy swing by the office and take a picture of the class listings

On 12/2/2018 at 3:19 AM, Mr.Elephant said:

Does anyone have a timeline for an RPA select off the AD board?  RPA selects are the oddballs as they stay at their current base and go to MFS, IFT, and URT as out and back TDYs.

Edited by MSCguy

Does anyone have a timeline for an RPA select off the AD board?  RPA selects are the oddballs as they stay at their current base and go to MFS, IFT, and URT as out and back TDYs.

Erroneous. Erroneous on both counts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disregard that dude, just a troll on the forum.

I went through RPAs a year and a half ago and our AD guys were indeed only there TDY. They joined us at IFT, went home for about a month, and then joined again at Randolph for the two phases of training and immediately went back to home station after that to prep PCS. 

Here is gets a little varied; Beale assignments PCS straight there for training and follow on. Everyone else will PCS to follow on, but will TDY en route at one of several places for A/C specific training for up to another 6 months. 

I can DM you more specifics about locations and all if you want, but it's a solid 1.5 year pipeline for MQ9s, a little bit shorter for RQ4s because the training isn't as backed up. 

Hi all! Just discovered this forum. I put my package in this year when I found out the color vision standards dropped. I luckily got my FC1 stamped literally the same day packages were due.

I just started as an ROTC instructor and pilot slots are trending way up for cadets.  Last year there were 650 slots nationwide and this year there are 750, let's hope AD pilot slots mirror that trend. It sucks how much easier it was to get a slot as a cadet compared to being in AD, avg PCSM acceptance scores are lower.  I had one as a cadet but lost it when I did my initial FC1 at WPAFB as a senior due to color vision.

Anyone know how all the other applicant data other than PCSM score is weighted? CC comments/strats/GPA/PFA/etc.

On 12/3/2018 at 1:52 PM, CaptD said:

Hi all! Just discovered this forum. I put my package in this year when I found out the color vision standards dropped. I luckily got my FC1 stamped literally the same day packages were due.

I just started as an ROTC instructor and pilot slots are trending way up for cadets.  Last year there were 650 slots nationwide and this year there are 750, let's hope AD pilot slots mirror that trend. It sucks how much easier it was to get a slot as a cadet compared to being in AD, avg PCSM acceptance scores are lower.  I had one as a cadet but lost it when I did my initial FC1 at WPAFB as a senior due to color vision.

Anyone know how all the other applicant data other than PCSM score is weighted? CC comments/strats/GPA/PFA/etc.

Just out of curiosity what are the average PCSM scores for ROTC selects?

Unfortuantly as far as I know the board never releases any info as to how they rate packages. All they release are average PCSM scores of selects and how many has PPLs. I think last year the average was upper 70s for PCSM and around 50% had their PPL. 

17 minutes ago, MC2112 said:

Unfortuantly as far as I know the board never releases any info as to how they rate packages. All they release are average PCSM scores of selects and how many has PPLs. I think last year the average was upper 70s for PCSM and around 50% had their PPL. 

it's in the 50's now..at least it was last year. Pretty incredible. The year before it was in the 60's

21 hours ago, MC2112 said:

The average PCSM score for cadets last year was 51.8 (~650 slots).  PCSM and commander's ranking are the big players for their selection, 40% and 25% respectively.

Major General Labrutta signed the ETP MFR on 19 Nov 18. This MFR should have be distributed to the Wings of people it effected already. If you have not seen the MFR yet and you required an ETP your Wing should be able to acquire the MFR. As a heads up their were 0 ETP approved for total federal commissioned for UPT but he did sign 6 for RPA, CS, ABM or APW. Maj Gen Labrutta also approved 8 age waivers with 2 having no limitations the rest are CSO/ABM/RPA only. He also approved an additional 25 ETP to include but not limited to payback, medical and event eliminated from UPT. Finally 14 ETP were disapproved, giving the grand total of 39 approved (with some limitations) and 14 disapproved.
I saw some people talking about funcationals disapproving/stoping people from getting picked up. Relize the funcational most likely called down to the OG to verify they can afforde to loose you one last time. If the OG says yes then you go to the board, but if your OG says no you do not. So do not blame your funcational if you do not go to the board it was most likely your OG.
P.S. If your ETP was disapproved (like me) that does not mean you have a zero percent chance of getting picked up, but it does mean you have a very slim chance. Even if your ETP was disapproved by Maj Gen Labrutta you still go to the board. If the board selects you and their are slots left. The board will go back to Maj Gen Labrutta to see if he will change his mind. So i'm saying their is a chance. Best of luck to everyone on this years UPT board.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:58 PM, UPTApplicant 102 said:

My physical reads “Pending successful completion of MFS-N”. Does anyone know if there’s a difference between MFS and MFS-N?

My physical teads the same; here is what I found regarding MFS-N. My undetstanding is MFS-N includes a neuro-psychiological analysis to understand your reason (motivation) and grit to be a pilot. 

https://apps.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/1036910.pdf

Silence is deafening.

Late this week could be the earliest we'd hear based off of last year's timeline. My guy at AFPC just told me they are directed to get it done before Christmas so that they can flex to the upcoming OTS board for January. So next two weeks!