I would bank on allocating the RIP in early January; notify selectees mid-December (which is soon!).  That should give them ample time to get their stuff together. Also, I am with you on "senioritis" due to possibility of selection, but I am the only O next-in-line so I gotta keep things moving. 

Happy T-Day everyone and we should find out soon!

A little birdie at AFPC gave me a status update; the ranking is done but HAF/A1 has to weigh in on all waivers/ETPs before they assign spots (apparently there are quite a few). So far, they said all non-medical ETPs are being approved but medical waivers are case by case. Once that process is done, it's slots and notifications! Still looks like a few weeks out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

A little birdie at AFPC gave me a status update; the ranking is done but HAF/A1 has to weigh in on all waivers/ETPs before they assign spots (apparently there are quite a few). So far, they said all non-medical ETPs are being approved but medical waivers are case by case. Once that process is done, it's slots and notifications! Still looks like a few weeks out.

Great info! Did your source by chance mention how many slots were awarded this year?

I don't have submissions/slots but from what I found AF is looking to send 1311 to UPT this year (up from 1160 for FY18).  Academy slots were increased by 26% or approx 113 slots.  

With those numbers I would guess ~90-110 UPT slots. I place my bet at 97 pilot slots(13% increase same as UPT increase)

Hope it's more. 

2 hours ago, OldUPTapplicant said:

I don't have submissions/slots but from what I found AF is looking to send 1311 to UPT this year (up from 1160 for FY18).  Academy slots were increased by 26% or approx 113 slots.  

With those numbers I would guess ~90-110 UPT slots. I place my bet at 97 pilot slots(13% increase same as UPT increase)

Hope it's more. 

With a normal 200-250 applicants, we'd stand pretty with those numbers, plus all other rated positions.

9 minutes ago, Flyingmonkey said:

Anyone else check this website like 20 times a day. As if someone on here is going to tell you that you got into upt or not! Haha I think I just like knowing other people are as stressed as me 🤷‍♂️

I just have it set to send me an email anytime there’s a new post in this thread.  That eliminates a lot of fruitless clicking.

2 minutes ago, TeafChief said:

My saved package on my computer. I feel like I constantly open it to verify I didn’t jack it up and to convince myself it was a solid package. 

For a second I thought you had a secret page where you’d find out instantly. 

Looks like my CC is going to be out for a couple of weeks... What's the best way for us to find out pre-PSDM post? Maybe AMS? I know that has a "projected training" section of our SURF but I don't know how quickly that populates. Probably not until we get rips which would be later on.

11 minutes ago, UFTapplicant said:

My buddy got an email back from the AFPC because he was inquiring about his medical stuff being received and they informed him that the results will be getting staffed Friday. All that means is that they should be finalizing the selection and getting signuatures. 

Yay for status updates! I went back to last year's thread and they got similar word about signatures about 2 weeks from the PSDM release. Seems like they're on track at the very least. 

1 hour ago, Rated2014 said:

Looks like my CC is going to be out for a couple of weeks... What's the best way for us to find out pre-PSDM post? Maybe AMS? I know that has a "projected training" section of our SURF but I don't know how quickly that populates. Probably not until we get rips which would be later on.

Your Senior Rater “should” get notified first. I’d find it hard to believe that if your CC (squadron I’m assuming) is out of office, they won’t tell you till the PSDM drops. Someone should be giving you a call prior to all this. Could be your SR, could be your commander from wherever he is.

Typically folks are notified ahead of time for promotion, command, IDE/SDE results, so this shouldn’t be any different. Again I say “shouldn’t”...

9 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

The results will be released to your MPF first, they inform CC's to give them a few days to give you the news...Absent your CC, they might be willing to give you the results directly but I'd reach out and ask.

7 hours ago, TeafChief said:

Your Senior Rater “should” get notified first. I’d find it hard to believe that if your CC (squadron I’m assuming) is out of office, they won’t tell you till the PSDM drops. Someone should be giving you a call prior to all this. Could be your SR, could be your commander from wherever he is.

Typically folks are notified ahead of time for promotion, command, IDE/SDE results, so this shouldn’t be any different. Again I say “shouldn’t”...

Typically the wing execs will see those releases before the Sq CCs see them.  The early release goes to the wing CC’s .org box, and the wing exec will coordinate the notification of the other CCs.  It wouldn’t hurt to have your CC give your wing exec a call and explain that he’ll be gone and give an alternative path to notify you while he’s out.  

Thanks all! We called the wing and have someone on lookout who said they'll push it to my flight cc if it comes in. We didn't want it to end up in my SQ/CC's inbox with them gone and maybe delay finding out. We'll keep up with MPF as well. I was trying not to think about it and be patient but obviously that ship has sailed... Lol.

On another note, I got ahold of a guy from my unit that got picked up two boards ago. He said after the PSDM dropped, he got his training rips for MFS and UPT two weeks later, with RNLTD of around 60 days out. Had his PPL so he went straight to Vance. He said he PCSd about a month after selection (MFS, out and back house hunting, household goods, then drive off). I get that may not be the norm, but it could happen that fast.

1 minute ago, Rated2014 said:

Thanks all! We called the wing and have someone on lookout who said they'll push it to my flight cc if it comes in. We didn't want it to end up in my SQ/CC's inbox with them gone and maybe delay finding out. We'll keep up with MPF as well. I was trying not to think about it and be patient but obviously that ship has sailed... Lol.

On another note, I got ahold of a guy from my unit that got picked up two boards ago. He said after the PSDM dropped, he got his training rips for MFS and UPT two weeks later, with RNLTD of around 60 days out. Had his PPL so he went straight to Vance. He said he PCSd about a month after selection (MFS, out and back house hunting, household goods, then drive off). I get that may not be the norm, but it could happen that fast.

I’ve heard the same. Two buddies of mine from here at Wright Patt had their UPT orders turned back on after the color standards changed. The were off to IFS within two weeks, and were PCS’d within 45 days of the IFS return. It was wild how fast they disappeared...