5 minutes ago, Fryeguy6 said:

I'm curious how the notification system will work seeing as a lot of people wont be working late December and will be with family. Unless my Commander calls me I won't be checking myPers for the PSDM.

Maybe I’m just being pessimistic but with the holidays and all late December sounds more like early January to me. If I remember correctly last years board also ended up being a bit delayed. 

1 minute ago, Fryeguy6 said:

I'm curious how the notification system will work seeing as a lot of people wont be working late December and will be with family. Unless my Commander calls me I won't be checking myPers for the PSDM.

That's my question too... Originally the release said we'd know mid-December, so I figured it would be on commanders' desks by maybe the 10th. When I submitted my package though, they emailed me saying I should know late December. That didn't make a ton of sense to me though because I figured AFPC would be on minimal manning then. I'm hoping the late December is the official release, and that our commanders will get the early notification before everyone is off for Christmas. Also, it doesn't make too much sense how they expect short notice PCS's to start in January if they are telling you late December. Two weeks to get orders and out process seems pretty tight!

1 minute ago, MC2112 said:

Maybe I’m just being pessimistic but with the holidays and all late December sounds more like early January to me. If I remember correctly last years board also ended up being a bit delayed. 

I have the exact same feeling as you. Last year's release was delayed around two weeks, but they also had the gov't shutdown and the suprise extra money. I think they probably delayed to add the extra slots. Hopefully with there being a lot more predictability this year, it'll all be on time. Who knows though? I never thought they'd be pushing the deadline and expanding waivers either...

I took a look at the timeline for January's board; board date to CC calls was right at 5 weeks, public release at 6. I vote CC calls the week before Christmas (because presents) and public release the week after  :D 

Unless I don't get picked up... then I vote no release ever... 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

How long after they announce selections does the FC1 at Wright Pat happen? Is it self scheduled?

The FC1 is scheduled by them. It's a TDY and will happen before you ever PCS. When it happens really depends on how much time you have between class start and the results. They assume you will pass the follow up exam, so you will get a PCS date at the same time pretty much as you get your appointment date. Some base med groups actually do the full exam, and you don't have to go the Wright Pat at all. 

10 minutes ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

I also don't have a TS, will I have to wait for an upgraded clearance before I start IFT/Upt? 

This is a question, I've wondered too. Fortunately, I'm not in that situation, but from talking to IPs and people in the pipeline now, it doesn't seem like it's a deal breaker if you don't have a TS for training. I've been told by a couple people they never saw anything beyond unclassified. Makes sense though. It sounds like classified material is when you get your actual airframe and more so for operational missions.

Not sure if UCT is the same as UPT but I had a friend going through UCT and he was told as long as his clearance is pending he can go through the pipeline. As stated above I think the real issue arises when you start airframe specific training. 

SQ/CC can get you an interim clearance for training as long as yours is in works.

My TS took almost 2 years (because of international stuff) so I was 6 months out of RPA training before it was done. Didn't stop me from completing anything.

On the flipside, though, IFT is for sure all unclass and I imagine most of UPT will be as well. 

6 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Have a few questions I can't find great answers on... 

How long after they announce selections does the FC1 at Wright Pat happen? Is it self scheduled? 

I also don't have a TS, will I have to wait for an upgraded clearance before I start IFT/Upt? 

The stamp on your physical should say something like “IFC 1 pending successful completion of MFS.”  Pilot and RPA selects have to go to WPAFB for MFS to complete the IFC.  CSO and ABM selects typically do not have to go to MFS.  

8 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Have a few questions I can't find great answers on... 

FC1 = TDY.  Also, I would recommend talking to your security manager and get smart on the process since you don't have a TS, yet.  It's a long arduous process (it's outside AF control... it's OPM).  TS is based on need (all rated AD folks I know have TS) if you don't have one don't sweat it. I would touch base with the security manager to get an idea of the process. 

49 minutes ago, OldUPTapplicant said:

Im going with a 3 in 4 chances before xmas. My optimistic side is outweighing my pessimistic side. 

I'm with this guy, before Christmas for sure. They moved the board up this year on purpose, they want to get us moving quick. 

Hope the crusty colonels looking at our apps at this very moment make the right call and give everyone on the forum a spot

Maybe for the ones who get a Pilot slot, Commanders will let them know before Christmas and hold off for those who didn’t until after? I’m sure the Commanders would be excited to give the news as a great Christmas present but may be hesitant to give someone coal. Either way, I would want to know.

13 hours ago, JayDubb said:

I'm just here trying not to get senioritis at work like I'm going to be outprocessing this time next month.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Even if I get a slot and get orders for this time next year, I'm sure the senioritis won't change.

2 hours ago, Rated2014 said:

Is the possibility of short notice assignments still holding? I don't remember if I read that somewhere or it's just my subconscious hoping for selection and an early class date. I have my ppl and get to skip doss 2.0 at least

The PSDM said that short notice assignments could be generated as early as January.  However, I don’t know if that means you have to report in January or if you just get the RIP in January.