On 10/10/2018 at 7:06 PM, BK-Iron said:

Can anyone give me an honest idea of what my chances are to get picked up on this board? I have a 77 Pilot 75 PCSM and no Ppl. Currently working on the ppl but it won’t make it in time to the board. The thing is I’m an oddball applicant. Without getting into too much detail, I am rated by the AF as an RPA pilot and have flown a decent amount of hours in RPAs, I also have some very good recommendations from a couple of Majors. Can someone offer some insight? 

Apply and try. If you want it doesn’t matter the odds. It is better to try then to wonder what could of been. If anything you are getting experience in applying and what you need to be competitive.

risk it to get the biscuit 

6 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

How many folks applied at the base you are stationed? I'm curious on how competition varies by base to get that  #1/x push on the 215. I was the only one who applied at my base, but not sure if that's the norm or not. 

Goodluck to everyone submitting this week! 

I was also the only applicant at my base and was the 1/1 by default.  However, it was a small air base wing without an Ops mission so that was probably a contributing factor.

7 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

How many folks applied at the base you are stationed? I'm curious on how competition varies by base to get that  #1/x push on the 215. I was the only one who applied at my base, but not sure if that's the norm or not. 

Goodluck to everyone submitting this week! 

1/1 at a fairly large operational base. 

Not to be a realist or negative, however rank was only a small factor last year. it seems more your over all package is what they are truly looking for. Additionally three of you being 1/1 , with an application window extension is a small sample of a possible larger viewpoint of small amount of applicants across the Air Force. Additionally a rumor  of larger amount of slots than this past spring could lead one to assume to think rank will not matter as much 

Edited by UPTDreamer

16 minutes ago, UPTDreamer said:

Not to be a realist or negative, however rank was only a small factor last year. it seems more your over all package is what they are truly looking for. Additionally three of you being 1/1 , with an application window extension is a small sample of a possible larger viewpoint of small amount of applicants across the Air Force. Additionally a rumor  of larger amount of slots than this past spring could lead one to assume to think rank will not matter as much 

Last year there were 5 or 6 selects from the same wing, so somebody’s gotten picked up with that 6/X applicants strat.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, UPTDreamer said:

Ya, I don't think anyone here is assuming your wing ranking is what will push you through. I took the posters comment as he/she was looking to gauge the number of applicants that bases are averaging. I doubt the board puts a lot of weight on it since it is a poor metric when comparing packages across the AF, and how well does a Wg/Cc know the people he/she is ranking..?

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:59 PM, UPT_Hopeful said:

Ya, I don't think anyone here is assuming your wing ranking is what will push you through. I took the posters comment as he/she was looking to gauge the number of applicants that bases are averaging. I doubt the board puts a lot of weight on it since it is a poor metric when comparing packages across the AF, and how well does a Wg/Cc know the people he/she is ranking..?

Exactly, I'm just curious on where all these applicants come from, everyone I've talked to has been the only one applying from their base. I'm guessing the big number comes from CSO/RPA Wings but idk, guess it doesn't matter. 

I talked to one of the POCs on the board and he mentioned that the rank of your senior endorser doesn't matter either, besides the scores I think they really look at your OPRs and letter of rec. 

3 hours ago, Uptapplicant2019 said:

Exactly, I'm just curious on where all these applicants come from, everyone I've talked to has been the only one applying from their base. I'm guessing the big number comes from CSO/RPA Wings but idk, guess it doesn't matter. 

I talked to one of the POCs on the board and he mentioned that the rank of your senior endorser doesn't matter either, besides the scores I think they really look at your OPRs and letter of rec. 

From what I've gathered, I'm not sure there's much weight on OPR's either. Perhaps when they are deciding those that have been in for more than 4 years or so, but I know of numerous people picked up before their first OPR ever closed out. Traditionally if a board is looking at OPRs, then they will require you to submit them with your package. As the package didn't require them, I'd say they would more focus in the bullets in the 215. I highly doubt the board members are going to look up everyone's OPRs when they have only a week or two max to make their selections. I believe the packages are the size they are for good reason. It provides them exactly what they're looking for. 

EDIT: I just went back to look because I thought I might be wrong about the length of the board. They will have just 3 days to make their selections, it looks like. 14-16 Nov is when the board convenes. Even more evidence they probably aren't looking at anything beyond what you submitted. The rest of the time until the selection announcement is getting the paperwork all the way through to the Gen at the top. 

Edited by UPT_Hopeful

On 10/22/2018 at 6:51 PM, MSCguy said:

Last year there were 5 or 6 selects from the same wing, so somebody’s gotten picked up with that 6/X applicants strat.  

Yeah we had at least 11 apply from our wing and I have heard in the 20s from some others. Those are probably squadrons with CSOs if I had to guess. 

I talked to one of the AFPC POC civilian that's compiling all the pkgs.  They are predicting ~200 applicants this year.  33 applicants from ACC alone... AFPC also needs your 2808 ASAP (there's a new suspense date for Form 2808 only) because applicants are waiting on AETC/SGPS stamps. 

Goodluck to everyone.  

P.S. This forum is not as active compared to the 2018 one. LOL

1 hour ago, flat4power said:

I talked to one of the AFPC POC civilian that's compiling all the pkgs.  They are predicting ~200 applicants this year.  33 applicants from ACC alone... AFPC also needs your 2808 ASAP (there's a new suspense date for Form 2808 only) because applicants are waiting on AETC/SGPS stamps. 

Goodluck to everyone.  

200 for all rated positions? If I remember from past threads that sounds about the same as prior years.  

I predict ~115-120 pilot slots this year from wide spectrum of AFSCs; just my best estimation. Also, I do not know if you all have seen the email from the CSAF that went along with extension of deadline for the UFT packages.  They are looking for applicants from across all AFSCs. 

On 10/26/2018 at 6:30 PM, flat4power said:

I predict ~115-120 pilot slots this year from wide spectrum of AFSCs; just my best estimation. Also, I do not know if you all have seen the email from the CSAF that went along with extension of deadline for the UFT packages.  They are looking for applicants from across all AFSCs. 

Hopefully you’re right

application good to go. The wait is on.

best wishes everyone on receiving a great Christmas gift 

On 10/24/2018 at 6:51 PM, flat4power said:

Goodluck to everyone.  

Did they say anything about number of available slots? 

2 hours ago, Navi-Gangsta said:

Did they say anything about number of available slots? 

No. We won't find out until the results are out... Also, I do not think they would release that type of info unless you are part of the board. At this point, it is all prediction. LOL  

Might have been answered in another thread but does anyone know if your AFOQT score affects what track you go towards while you are in UPT, or is just how you fly? I know guard units look heavily at Pilot Scores for their selection process. 

-Mike

1 hour ago, m_mags said:

Might have been answered in another thread but does anyone know if your AFOQT score affects what track you go towards while you are in UPT, or is just how you fly? I know guard units look heavily at Pilot Scores for their selection process. 

-Mike

Your AFOQT scores and package to get picked up for pilot training have absolutely no bearing on what you end up tracking! Day 1 of UPT everyone is equal, whether USAFA, ROTC, or OTS! Track will depend on the MASS at the end of phase 2. 

-Magic