Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Engineer2Pilot

Upcoming Board Interview/Finishing Ratings?

Hey dudes, got an interview coming up with a fighter wing this month. I'm still trying to finish up my PPL rating, but the weather is awful where I am and check rides keep getting scrapped. I have one more chance at a check ride before the interview. I was wondering if it would affect me at the interview at all if I didn't show up with my PPL complete? In my application I said it would get done relatively soon if weather was good but it still isn't done and now I'm getting worried because "yeah you interviewed decently but why would we have a guy without even his PPL when everyone else has one and more?" Should I focus more on getting the damn rating done or just preparing for the interview? 

First, congrats on the interview! Many people don't make it that far, so enjoy it and come ready to kick ass. As far as your question goes... I highly doubt they'll care. You have plenty of time to complete the check ride if you're hired. If it's brought up, just say something to the effect of "I was hoping to have it done before I got here, but weather's been shitty." Get it done if you can, but if weather sucks and scheduling falls through, I'm sure a bunch of pilots aren't going to grill you over a PPL check ride.

Good luck bro.