Rumors on the 457th moving back to Scott AFB?

Jmoo22

I'm looking to see if anyone has heard or has any information on the Air Force possibly moving the 457th AS (C-21s @ Andrews AFB) back to Scott AFB. I had heard something about FY'19 but can't really confirm it beyond rumor status.

Thanks in advance!

Yup, just what the brain trust at AMC needs. More white jets to let them spread their “all is well” message to the masses. 

Sorry, I have no useful information for you. Just been burning pay periods at the unit, so I’m balls-deep in the stupidity. 

The rumor floating around is that all the C-21s are heading to Scott, the C-40s are leaving Scott and going to Andrews and the C-37s at MacDill are closing and moving 1 each jet to Hickam, Ramstein, and Andrews.

Caveat: very loose rumor with very little background/data to support.

On 3/13/2018 at 8:48 PM, Goblin said:

The rumor floating around is that all the C-21s are heading to Scott, the C-40s are leaving Scott and going to Andrews and the C-37s at MacDill are closing and moving 1 each jet to Hickam, Ramstein, and Andrews.

Caveat: very loose rumor with very little background/data to support.

Per an 18AF buddy of mine. Macdill loses its Gulfstreams to Ramstein & Hickam. Ramstein & Hickam lose their C-40s to Andrews. The C-40s at Scott belong to AFRC and don’t go anywhere. 

FY19 is supposed to be the completion date, but this hasn’t been signed off by HASC/SASC (one of them) yet. 

• 2 weeks later...

OSA consolidation is in the NDAA FY19, once it’s signed by the President, the pieces will move fast. Expecting the signature sometime this fall, with consolidation in the Spring-ish timeframe (if Congress keeps it in the NDAA). 

OSA consolidation is in the NDAA FY19, once it’s signed by the President, the pieces will move fast. Expecting the signature sometime this fall, with consolidation in the Spring-ish timeframe (if Congress keeps it in the NDAA). 

Is this just a cost saving measure?