NCAA Men's BBall (WTF?)

panchbarnes

College football and basketball at the top schools has lost all semblance of amateur athletics.  At this point, IMO, the only solution is to create a semi-pro farm system for the NFL and NBA.  Let schools that want to be part of that opt in and pay their players.  That way we can at least stop the charade.

• Upvote 1

Yup, the UofA is getting f’d Right now, possibly their own doing but whatever dynasty the program has may be going to way of Penn State.  It’s too bad to see as a local, but this isn’t a one off.  I have a few friends who know inside these programs and tell me they all do it, UofA just got caught.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 4:37 PM, matmacwc said:

Yup, the UofA is getting f’d Right now,  

Day 13 after scandal:

Can confirm morale at U of A is at all time high.

Me & the rest of the prestigious 76 percent acceptance rate student population don't care anyway, we still beat ASU

O'Neal? Didn't need him anyway

Proof? Wire taps? Money transfers? Mmhmm... just ESPN east coast bias

Don't these upstanding citizens go on to become pro ball players in the NBA?  

Well, I guess the culture starts somewhere.  NFL, NBA... NCAA.  

Couldn't give two shits about college... or pro... sports.  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

Don't these upstanding citizens go on to become pro ball players in the NBA?  

Well, I guess the culture starts somewhere.  NFL, NBA... NCAA.  

Couldn't give two shits about college... or pro... sports.  

Just the kiddo ones huh?

Realistically, AZ basketball will probably be in the dumps for a few years. But at least the young talent that is there may stay. I would love nothing more to see them go a for a run in march just for an implicit middle finger to ESPN. 

On 3/13/2018 at 2:31 PM, matmacwc said:

Hmmmmm, that looks like a pic of one of our jets..

Yup, a viper from 162nd in the Old Pueblo. A friend of mine in mx took me on the flightline a few months back, a much needed motivational spike to get me through my academics

2 hours ago, hurls said:

Yup, a viper from 162nd in the Old Pueblo. A friend of mine in mx took me on the flightline a few months back, a much needed motivational spike to get me through my academics

UofA ROTC?  I've always wondered why they don't hang out at our unit more, plenty of back seats usually available.  Gotta have a chamber card though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matmacwc said:

UofA ROTC?  I've always wondered why they don't hang out at our unit more, plenty of back seats usually available.  Gotta have a chamber card though.

Probably because there's a picture of Toro hanging in the ROTC Detachment, with a caption that says:

"Hey Cadet, you want to send in a request to fly a fighter??  Go ahead... make my day."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

Well that cadet got a ride.

Did he? I know the Wing King invited him down for a ride, but the rumor-mill INTEL I got his ride got  WX CANX'd due to some freak snow storm/weather event of some sort. 

Bottom line: Don't fuck with Toro, he has connections...

If I was a cadet, and possibly if I become one, I probably would/will ask for a ride. I mean why not? IMHO I bet there is a probably a fair amount of gung-ho cadets who would love to take their GoPro's with them and make some "sick dubstep videos" for their facebook page because hey,  they already know they are getting an F-22 drop right? I understand no one wants to spend time with kids like that.

I understand there are a multitude of things that are more important when planning a training sortie and obviously a joyride with a cadet isn't at the top of the list BUT all that aside I think it would be a crucial experience to shoot the breeze with some gents with hours and some knowledge about the lifestyle.  Sure a backseat ride would be a fantastic but in the end the only advice I've ever gotten to better myself over a few bevvies is "carry your own damn helmet bag" and " max out TSP contributions"
I'm in the end I'm not a cadet, and nor do I know the system, so my $.02 is basically useless (I think I'll make that my signature)

But since this is the NCAA thread...... goodnight Arizona, and goodnight to University of Arizona Basketball for the next 5 years.

6 hours ago, hurls said:

If I was a cadet, and possibly if I become one, I probably would/will ask for a ride. I mean why not? IMHO I bet there is a probably a fair amount of gung-ho cadets who would love to take their GoPro's with them and make some "sick dubstep videos" for their facebook page because hey,  they already know they are getting an F-22 drop right? I understand no one wants to spend time with kids like that.

I understand there are a multitude of things that are more important when planning a training sortie and obviously a joyride with a cadet isn't at the top of the list BUT all that aside I think it would be a crucial experience to shoot the breeze with some gents with hours and some knowledge about the lifestyle.  Sure a backseat ride would be a fantastic but in the end the only advice I've ever gotten to better myself over a few bevvies is "carry your own damn helmet bag" and " max out TSP contributions"
I'm in the end I'm not a cadet, and nor do I know the system, so my $.02 is basically useless (I think I'll make that my signature)

But since this is the NCAA thread...... goodnight Arizona, and goodnight to University of Arizona Basketball for the next 5 years.

Reference the below thread: 

http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7101