PCSM averages

sliceboard

Hello Baseops, 

I was trying to get a feel for what a decent PCSM score looks like in the current Reserve/ANG hiring environment. AFOQT 75 for both Pilot and Nav, 127 or so hours flying time (have PPL, some XC time built up and 1/4 of the way through instrument training; working towards CSEL rating and maybe becoming a CFI while I work to get selected by a squadron and get to go to UPT). Current PCSM 69; I have another chance to take the AFOQT and I think I can raise it if I get some math tutoring help...I was able to find information about previous years on some forums somewhere and as I recall the median PCSM score for people selected for UPT in FY 16 or 17 was something like 66. Of course, the higher the better, but I was wondering if anyone had more current data or information. I'm pretty interested in flying fighters so that's some motivation to hit the books extra hard before giving the AFOQT another go.  

Thanks 

2 hours ago, sliceboard said:

Hello Baseops, 

I was trying to get a feel for what a decent PCSM score looks like in the current Reserve/ANG hiring environment. AFOQT 75 for both Pilot and Nav, 127 or so hours flying time (have PPL, some XC time built up and 1/4 of the way through instrument training; working towards CSEL rating and maybe becoming a CFI while I work to get selected by a squadron and get to go to UPT). Current PCSM 69; I have another chance to take the AFOQT and I think I can raise it if I get some math tutoring help...I was able to find information about previous years on some forums somewhere and as I recall the median PCSM score for people selected for UPT in FY 16 or 17 was something like 66. Of course, the higher the better, but I was wondering if anyone had more current data or information. I'm pretty interested in flying fighters so that's some motivation to hit the books extra hard before giving the AFOQT another go.  

Thanks 

My information pertains to me chasing a fighter slot for about a year now and the common denominator is at least a ppl, pilot score is 90+, and PCSM 90+. This will range from unit to unit as some don’t really care what the scores are while others use the scores on a spread sheet to determine who to interview. Definetetly search around on this form as there’s more in depth information pertaining to this in various threads. 

18 hours ago, Hopefulflyer389 said:

My information pertains to me chasing a fighter slot for about a year now and the common denominator is at least a ppl, pilot score is 90+, and PCSM 90+. This will range from unit to unit as some don’t really care what the scores are while others use the scores on a spread sheet to determine who to interview. Definetetly search around on this form as there’s more in depth information pertaining to this in various threads. 

Yea, it seems it really varies. The squadron(s) I am particularly interested in are big on the PCSM score..I think with some study practice with the math stuff I could get my AFOQT up to a more competitive level.