Increasing disability percentage

ucf_motorcycle

Does anyone have recommendations on companies that help Veterans increase their VA disability percentage. I know there are a few out there but I’d like to go to one that someone can recommend. So far I’ve looked into:

Ree Medical

DBQreview

and before someone mentions that I can just do it on my own. Yes I know but it took two years and hours of phone calls just to get the VA to schedule a hearing test for me so if I can avoid that hassle and even get an additional 10% it will be worth the fee of what these places are charging. I just want to be sure they aren’t a scam.

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2018 at 4:44 PM, ucf_motorcycle said:

Does anyone have recommendations on companies that help Veterans increase their VA disability percentage. I know there are a few out there but I’d like to go to one that someone can recommend. So far I’ve looked into:

Ree Medical

DBQreview

and before someone mentions that I can just do it on my own. Yes I know but it took two years and hours of phone calls just to get the VA to schedule a hearing test for me so if I can avoid that hassle and even get an additional 10% it will be worth the fee of what these places are charging. I just want to be sure they aren’t a scam.

Who did you go with, if anyone?

• 3 years later...

I'm in the process of retiring by May.  I've had a waiver dragging for over a year now as a result of miscommunication between flight med and mental health.  Initially I wanted to get back into the seat but I don't see the point anymore.  By the time I actually get the waiver, requal, etc.. I'll be doing skillsbridge.  However, I didn't want to close any doors in the case that something came up.

However, if I request a waiver and get a waiver does that potentially lower the amount of VA disability I might get?

4 minutes ago, Chicken said:

I'm in the process of retiring by May.  I've had a waiver dragging for over a year now as a result of miscommunication between flight med and mental health.  Initially I wanted to get back into the seat but I don't see the point anymore.  By the time I actually get the waiver, requal, etc.. I'll be doing skillsbridge.  However, I didn't want to close any doors in the case that something came up.

However, if I request a waiver and get a waiver does that potentially lower the amount of VA disability I might get?

No

On 6/12/2023 at 2:39 PM, Chicken said:

For your reading pleasure.  Here's the best knowledge base I've found.  https://www.reddit.com/r/VeteransBenefits/wiki/index/

Pursuit of your waiver just more fully documents your symptoms.  DoD and VA are totally different entities and look at your medical conditions through different lenses.  Keep going to doctor's appointments.  Keep seeking care.  Keep documenting symptoms.  

File with the VA 90-180 days (closer to 180 is better) before your date of separation, and include all the conditions that you're suffering from.  

• 1 month later...

Great site with lots of good info.. I appreciate it!  I thought my waiver process would be complete by now.. but they want me to go to Wright-Patterson for a week of evaluations....?  The waiver I was supposed to be for the meds I am on..  full disclosure I was diagnosed with anxiety/severe chronic insomnia/depression/adjustment disorder.  What in the world would I do for an entire week at Wright-Patterson?  I've applied for skillbridge and my timeline is super compressed at this point.  I no longer care about the waiver itself.. is it still worth it to go through all this for documentation?  Kinda blows my mind how it takes 1-2 months to get an appointment at MH but now they want to hang out with me for an entire week...?