Unsponsored to UPT

I was picked up on this month's unsponsored board and I'm hoping to track t38s. Will I have any influence in this decision?

Also, I already have my FC1 and am on the scroll. Approximately how much time exists until I can expect to get orders for OTS?

Additional info: I'm currently enlisted guard and am in the process of transferring to the 340th.  Things are moving forward and I feel close. Just looking for specifics or insight. 

WRT timeline, I had 10 months between my FC1 and OTS. 9 months from AFRC board OK to OTS. Once you in process in person with the 340th, you should be close. 

If you’ve been picked up by a 135 unit, you’ll fly the T1. The only way guard/reserve go 38s is if they’re going to a fighter unit. Especially reserves, they have very very limited 38 allocation. 

You wont get a 38 slot if you are not being sponsored by a fighter unit. Average 38 track for a upt class is 8 slots, out of a class of 25-27 studs. And most of the active duty kids are competing for them, no sense in wasting one on a guy going to heavies.

If you want to fly fighters go interview for fighter units, although that's a fine line to straddle if you already have a sponsoring unit.