FM forcing PCS for seasoning training

Hello, 

Has anyone else experienced wing FM trying to force a member to PCS for seasoning training? I live about 3.5 hours from my duty location and my TDY order were denied because they are over 180 days. My understanding of the regs are anything over 180 AFRC considers it a PCS however this is insane. I still have a home and family to pay for while I'm finishing up MQT and they won't fund per diem for lodging. Is there any way around this? 

Edited by my9thtry

Cut the orders for just the duty days is another way around it. M-F on orders, S-S no orders (unless flying etc), that'll stretch those orders out a bit longer but will also get you out of the 180+ continuous days bind. You'll need to go home every weekend unless you want to pay out of pocket for a room... but getting roundtrip mileage every week for that distance is a bonus. The crappy thing would be doing all the DTS authorizations for every set of orders.

Cut the orders for just the duty days is another way around it. M-F on orders, S-S no orders (unless flying etc), that'll stretch those orders out a bit longer but will also get you out of the 180+ continuous days bind. You'll need to go home every weekend unless you want to pay out of pocket for a room... but getting roundtrip mileage every week for that distance is a bonus. The crappy thing would be doing all the DTS authorizations for every set of orders.

But orders less than 30 days (or 31, can’t remember) don’t give you BAH or tricare. So breaking it up like this would be worse on you financially than just paying for your own place to crash.

17 hours ago, Danny Noonin said:

But orders less than 30 days (or 31, can’t remember) don’t give you BAH or tricare. So breaking it up like this would be worse on you financially than just paying for your own place to crash.

They'll pay BAH type II and you can purchase TRS on the cheap.