Where to send donated items to deployed military members

Dfas1148

Hi all, I am a recently separated ANG member who is doing some volunteer work with my church. Does anyone have a point of contact that I could contact for

mailing several hundred pounds of donated items overseas? 

Thank you. 

BC

memsecur@yahoo.com

Don't send garbage. Dime store off-brand toothpaste, 1990s romance novels and the like. If you wouldn't use it yourself, don't bother. Suggestions:

Good toilet paper

David sunflower seeds

Jerky

Sage cotton socks

Decks of cards

Mouth/hair/body wash

Loofas

AA/AAA Batteries

Hot sauce (no Tabasco)

Packs of gum

Basically all the shit you have to buy in the BX. Come to think of it, they're probably already intercepting this stuff en route, which is why we never see this stuff.

1 hour ago, Champ Kind said:

Good stuff above. I’d add good ground coffee. I’ve seen local places donate stuff for free to send over.

I was told by fighter dudes in the -stan not to send coffee, something about going #2 after 4 hours sitting in an ejection seat.

1 hour ago, matmacwc said:

I was told by fighter dudes in the -stan not to send coffee, something about going #2 after 4 hours sitting in an ejection seat.

Life choices, I appreciated the coffee on my recent trip to the ‘Stan, but I have readily avaible bathroom. The Stan food was much easier on my system than the Deid food FYI. 

Take notes kids, everyone wants to fly fighters, but having a shitter during the sortie never seems to make it into those badass flying videos!!!

K-cups are amazing, never have to worry when that last batch of joe was brewed.  

5 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Has the worldwide gouge that coffee makes you crap not reached the Viper community? Interesting.

On deployment, immovable schedule item is the pre-Flight shit. All other events are subject to change except that. 

Any items that can enable a more regular and enjoyable constitutional would be welcome in a care package.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1