Pay rates and Entitlements during TFOT, IFS and UPT

Howdy,

Married ANG guy here with a baby (both of whom will be going to UPT with me). Finally just got my dates for TFOT, IFT, and UPT. I'm sure I'll have some briefings that deal with this when I'm at drill next month, but I figured I could start getting educated on what kind of pay and entitlements I can expect during different phases of the training pipeline.

Currently I'm sworn in / gained as an E3.

For example, I should be eligible for BAH while I'm TFOT, correct? Just want to make sure my paperwork is squared away so that I don't have to worry about my mortgage payment while I'm away for 8 weeks. 

Thanks for any help / resources you can offer!

• 1 month later...

Been a while since I was at OTS but what I remember is:

You'll be paid as an E-5 (unless you're already above E-5, then you get your current pay).  You will get BAH for where ever your dependents are while you are at OTS/TFOT.  I think you also get an initial uniform allowance of ~$400, but that could have been because I was an off-the-street civilian and not a prior-E.  I don't think you get any per diem at OTS since the housing and food is all provided for you.

You should start getting flight pay on day one of class at UPT.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pawnman said:

Been a while since I was at OTS but what I remember is:

You'll be paid as an E-5 (unless you're already above E-5, then you get your current pay).  You will get BAH for where ever your dependents are while you are at OTS/TFOT.  I think you also get an initial uniform allowance of ~$400, but that could have been because I was an off-the-street civilian and not a prior-E.  I don't think you get any per diem at OTS since the housing and food is all provided for you.

You should start getting flight pay on day one of class at UPT.  

I haven't actually got the check yet, but my orders for OTS listed $540 in per diem. There's also talk about the DFAC not subtracting the full amount of our BAS. We'll see on payday. YMMV.

• 2 years later...

I'm curious about BAH while at OTS, UPT, etc.  In the OTS guide, it states that: 

"Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH): Non-prior service OTs with dependents will receive the dependent rate BAH and OTs without dependents will receive the partial-rate BAH"

I am currently enlisted (8 years) with NO dependents. Will I get the "no dependent" BAH rate or the "partial-rate" BAH.  I won't be able to pay my mortgage back at home with the partial-rate BAH.