Med ETP ambiguity

wanttofly

Little background on me: I am an AD Capt / Flight/CC with 90 PCSM, 93 Pilot AFOQT, 100 PFA, and #2/5 Strat from WG/CC for UFT application. I feel like all this would give me a good shot if I could just get an ETP.

I've been working through the ETP process and wondered if anyone could give me some insight into how it works. I was prepping my package all last year and encountered some medical issues (diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis, 2017). I found out through research that about 95% of AD pilots in the AF that were diagnosed with the same issue were waived. 

Requested a waiver, but was denied. Typical considering I'm an untrained asset. I began the ETP process as soon as i could in September. In late November, I heard that it was signed by my MAJCOM/CC and thought "sweet, now I just need the AF/CV's signature." I just heard yesterday from my WG/CC that the AF/CV won't sign it because there are already enough applications at the board this year that don't need an ETP. 

Is this how the ETP works? Is it associated with a specific year's UFT board? I thought the ETP was a deal where you get a definitive answer on whether or not you are deemed fit or unfit to accomplish the AF's pilot mission sets.

Thanks for any gouge anyone can give me on this situation. 

Edited by wanttofly

• 1 month later...