Base housing

AH18

Any and all who have recently stayed in base housing at any of the locations for UPT able to help me out? I’m wondering what’s all included and what I should bring. It’ll be the wife and kid. 

I called all three locations and they informed me that there are is washer or dryer and not furnished....I’ve read that some stated they were? Is it hit or miss? 

Many help and advice is greatly appreciated! 

-AH

as soon as you receive your PCS orders that show you will be accompanied by your dependents to your UPT base, make a TLF (temporary lodging facility) reservation. your TLF will be furnished with washer and dryer in nearly all cases. housing may or may not be available immediately upon your arrival. when you are assigned a house, it will likely not have a washer and dryer nor will it be furnished.

pro tip: you may already know this but buy a small enclosed trailer and a used washer and dryer. do a partial (or full if you have few household goods) DITY move. always do partial DITY moves. the amount you will receive for moving the trailer, washer/dryer, and other goods will cover the cost of the trailer/washer/dryer and then some. sell when no longer needed.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, torqued said:

as soon as you receive your PCS orders that show you will be accompanied by your dependents to your UPT base, make a TLF (temporary lodging facility) reservation. your TLF will be furnished with washer and dryer in nearly all cases. housing may or may not be available immediately upon your arrival. when you are assigned a house, it will likely not have a washer and dryer nor will it be furnished.

pro tip: you may already know this but buy a small enclosed trailer and a used washer and dryer. do a partial (or full if you have few household goods) DITY move. always do partial DITY moves. the amount you will receive for moving the trailer, washer/dryer, and other goods will cover the cost of the trailer/washer/dryer and then some. sell when no longer needed.

This ^^^^

I'v done two partial DITY moves and came out with at least 3k each trip, and I didn't even use a trailer.

• Upvote 1