Sign in to follow this  
Buckley Viper Hopeful

Meet and Greet Etiquette

Was just at Buckley's meet n greet. Saw some good and bad. Some guys didn't know when to STFU, others seemed to not speak that much. Some brought booze as a gift and others didn't. Everyone obviously wants to get the pilot slot but might not know how to act and present themselves at these meet n greets. 

For those of you running these boards or experienced bros, what tips do you have specifically for these meet ups? At what point do we stop annoying one pilot and go on to the next? What do we not do? Help us get these UPT positions!

Gecko’s article is a great reference. 

Not a pilot, but I was there and saw what you’re referring to. Essentially, introduce yourself when the opportunity presents itself and avoid giving out information that wasn’t asked for. I.e. humble bragging about your accomplishments when it’s irrelevant to the question or topic. It can be hard to do as you’re there to show “I’M THE ONE!!” Mingle with the other applicants as the pilots may take notice to this; not sure how keen Buckeley is to this. Simply put, hold a conversation with whomever you’re talking to and genuinely show interest. 

Another thing, don’t be the guy who constantly throws questions out there that includes a background story about how great you are or who you know. This is the person who shoots themselves in the foot. 

Pilots can elaborate on this, but coming from a military family I was always told not to ask a pilot “what’s it like to drop bombs on xxxx people” or “have you been shot at by a xxxx weapon”? If they offer the info great, if they don’t then don’t pry. That pilot may not want to share that information. 

My $0.69 so take it with a grain of salt as I haven’t been picked up yet and that may be why. Lol

Edited by Hopefulflyer389

15 minutes ago, Buckley Viper Hopeful said:

I would also add that don't spend too much time socializing with the other applicants. I saw a lot of people talk more with each other than get to know the other pilots and that astounded me. 

I'm confused.  Are you giving or asking for advice?

its best for everyone if you just be yourself. faking a personality, behavior, or conversation to get the job causes problems. nerves are a separate issue. find a happy medium between being too comfortable and too nervous. don't criticize fellow applicants.

So the Meet and Greet wasn't rescheduled for February 9-11? According to http://www.buckleypilotjob.com/

UPT Applicant Meet & Greet: 9-11 Feb 2018

Due to circumstances beyond our control the last  Meet & Greet for this board had to be rescheduled for February. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

2 hours ago, Rycast said:

So the Meet and Greet wasn't rescheduled for February 9-11? According to http://www.buckleypilotjob.com/

UPT Applicant Meet & Greet: 9-11 Feb 2018

Due to circumstances beyond our control the last  Meet & Greet for this board had to be rescheduled for February. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

The one scheduled for March 2nd and 3rd is rescheduled for Feb 9-11. The Jan 5th and 6th still happened though.