Need T-6 Static Display

HuggyU2

Hangar 24 AirFest is going to be a two-day event for 2018 (19-20 May).

It's in Redlands, CA... Airport is KREI... runway is 4504' x 75'.  https://www.airnav.com/airport/KREI

Can a T-6 get a waiver to land there?  They would really like one since military support is big deal with Hangar 24.  

This is will be a cool event.  PM me if interested.  

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info, Bode.  That's news to me.  

Can't fix the 700 mile distance issue, but we will have an AF-approved Air Boss in place (Ralph Royce), and if needed, I will create a TFR so the T-6 can land/depart.  

Don't laugh:  we did that at the Lake Havasu Airshow for the T-6 that was a static there.  

Side note:  Ralph teaches the Air Force course at the annual airshow convention with all of the military demo teams.  Everyone at ACC/AETC Aerial Events knows who he is.  This show is legit.  

Edited by HuggyU2

Thought the bubble was 900nm?  And it shouldn't be an issue getting approval for Vance jets to go out to CA, hell they went to Reno last year.
Each OG sets their own bubble-750nm seems pretty standard because it's one travel day each way for mx if they need to repair the jet.

This is DLF Info. If you have an air boss and a NOTAM’d temp tower you are good. Should only need an OG approval (DLF approver) for MX support with distance. I would help if I wasn’t sitting in the ‘Stan enjoying the sights.

On 1/7/2018 at 7:00 AM, Bode said:

This is DLF Info. If you have an air boss and a NOTAM’d temp tower you are good. Should only need an OG approval (DLF approver) for MX support with distance. I would help if I wasn’t sitting in the ‘Stan enjoying the sights.

None of that is required, just OG approval. Some people think NTA's are the most dangerous place in the world, but they're not a big deal.

10 hours ago, The-osu said:

Fighter pilots that are generals think NTA's are the most dangerous place in the world, but they're not a big deal.

There... fixed.  At least based on my observations over 28 years of active duty (notwithstanding some notable exceptions). 

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

There... fixed.  At least based on my observations over 28 years of active duty. 

Hell, most active duty fighter "leadership" doesn't even know what an X-C is outside of an organized deployment to a Flag or to do adversary support or some other direct HHQ tasking.

Giving guys the keys to the jet on a weekend to go burn flying hours and fill RAP squares was a totally foreign concept in the units I was in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Hangar 24 AirFest in Redlands, CA (KREI) is 70 days away, and I'd like to get a T-6 static display, as well as flyovers of any military aircraft.  You can stage out of SBD (civ field with military fuel; 4nm away), or March ARB (13 nm away).  

Let me know if interested.  

https://www.hangar24airfest.com/beerfestival/

https://www.hangar24airfest.com/performers/

https://www.hangar24airfest.com/aviators/

Huggy,

I can ask the pilots at Hemet if they’d be interested in bringing the OV-10 or S-2T over.  I’m not sure how the approval process works in our organization, but I can at least ask. Being late May, Cal Fire may not allow the aircraft off base for an airshow. One of the pilots lives in Redlands, so he may be interested.

Let me get back to you...

SHAFT

Edited by Shaft34