Chances of a Fighter Slot

38 minutes ago, JustHangingOut said:

Did you ask for feedback from those units of why you were not chosen and what you could improve on?  This will help you with future interviews especially if you plan to apply to those units again.

This is probably the most important part while being on the UPT chase. I was told that your package gets you the interview and the interview gets you the job. So when I wasn't selected after an interview, I asked for feedback from the board members on my interview. Thankfully they were pretty brutal with me. It hurt my ego, but it helped immensely on later boards.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JustHangingOut said:

Did you ask for feedback from those units of why you were not chosen and what you could improve on?  This will help you with future interviews especially if you plan to apply to those units again.

Everyone who actually wants the job (which is 99% of the ppl that interview) ask for feedback. Asking for feedback is & should be standard.

And when you ask for feedback, don't expect to hear the magic words on what will get you the job on the next interview. Most of the time, (unless your interviewing skills are legitimately poor to subpar) your feedback will sound a lot like a high school date rejection: "we like you a lot but we liked this other dude better."

And this really is because every unit is different (as what literally everyone knows already at this point) and some units will mesh with you better than others.

The main thing is (insert generic inspirational quote) don't give up and keep interviewing. It will stick sooner or later.

Edited by bigdreams
Typo
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...