TFOT Thread

2 hours ago, ATG said:

Since Guard is now combined, what's the gouge on TFOT?

If you're selected for an OTS class, search for a group on Facebook. I'm leaving for 18-03 on Sunday, we've been sorting things out on the facebook group for the past few weeks, lots of good info.  One of the former MTIs is going to be there with us and has shared some stuff.  Even if you're not in an upcoming class you can request access to the group and scroll through the past few weeks of Q&A and chatter. 

You won't find much gouge from the new 8 week TFOT course on here.

13 hours ago, matmacwc said:

huh?

I should have clarified - AMS is no longer and now Guard combined with AD/AFR officer training. I wanted to make a thread moving on from AMS to TFOTs discussion and questions. 

Edited by ATG

12 hours ago, extender10 said:

If you're selected for an OTS class, search for a group on Facebook. I'm leaving for 18-03 on Sunday, we've been sorting things out on the facebook group for the past few weeks, lots of good info.  One of the former MTIs is going to be there with us and has shared some stuff.  Even if you're not in an upcoming class you can request access to the group and scroll through the past few weeks of Q&A and chatter. 

You won't find much gouge from the new 8 week TFOT course on here.

Good idea - a few from my squadron have just went through the new 8 week course. I can ask and post answers if anyone has questions or we'll figure it out the next couple of months.

I do know for at least ANG a pre course CBT is now required. 

Not much to it besides doing well on the PFA, paying enough attention in class to pass the academics, and not getting caught doing something stupid. If you want to be a DG in OTS that's a different story, but don't be that guy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AD, AFR, and ANG all have to take the CBT course. It's 34 modules, it's not hard with a beer a few nights a week.  There is an accompanying notetaker that is like 90 pages of worksheets.  I did most of it.  I haven't looked at it since.  For the last two classes, the test on pre-reqs was somewhat diagnostic, it didn't count and it was to see how effective the pre-reqs were online and at home as opposed to spending more time on them at OTS.

The facebook groups are full of non-flyers, lots of priors making the jump to the O-side of the field they were enlisted in previously, or cross training.  That being said, they treat this training like grad school, or like the big turning point in their careers - and have family pressures and stuff depending on it.  They have a different mindset then somebody like me who just graduated college in June and this is really more of a grow up quick and slog through it as a stepping stone to UPT.  So keep that in mind when looking through the facebook groups, they're full of people stressing over what towels to bring, talking about how happy they are to have memorized the dining facility procedures 6 weeks ahead of time, and lamenting about not being able to go on runs with their dog.

My main advice is get organized - buy a little file box and organized all of your paperwork, medical stuff, orders, vouchers.  And for gods sakes run 2-3 times a week and do push ups and sit ups.  

I leave on Sunday.  Feel free to PM me in a couple weeks for some inside info.

:-)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1